Canadian fall colors expected to be Spectacular

This article refers to the Province of Ontario but the colors are expected to be just as spectacular in Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, and Nova Scotia. There will be a small difference in timing relative to southern Ontario. Quebec City color peek will likely be earlier than mid October. Looks like we are all in for a treat.

http://thestar.blogs.com/weather360/2010/09/after-the-great-summer-weve-had-get-ready-for-natures-bonus-thats-how-david-phillips-senior-climatologist.html

I am so excited! Our cruise is Sept. 27 -Oct 7 starting in Quebec City so hoping good leaf color (yeah we don't spell well down here) all the way down the coast. Thanks for the article -- it just adds to the excitement.

I am so excited! Our cruise is Sept. 27 -Oct 7 starting in Quebec City so hoping good leaf color (yeah we don't spell well down here) all the way down the coast. Thanks for the article -- it just adds to the excitement.

Yes, it's going to be a fantastic year for color. They are getting bright now. You are going to see the PEAK of the color!

We just returned last night from the 10-day NY to Quebec. The colors are turning more beautiful as we speak. When we left YQB, the flight over the valley was breathtaking and the colors were red, orange, copper, gold and green. I wish I could have had my camera at the window. Even through the rain (which was off and on for the two previous days) the colors were fabulous. Whoever is cruising this week and next will be VERY lucky!!;)

We were up at Mont Tremblant in the Laurentian Mountains today. It has been -1 degrees C at night & there has been quite a lot of wind. The leaf colour was beautiful (although not so much of the vibrant maple reds), however, for the first time I began to notice the leaves falling & some of the trees were starting to look bare. It is less far advanced at the lower altitudes though. Hopefully it will last for a while yet.

Archived