Help with hotel

richbum

I just want to make sure I understand my options. We are flying into FLL the day before our cruise. (which is out of Miami). I think we are going to stay in Fll, and go to miami the next morning.

I don't want to get a rental car if I don't have to. I have heard about the trolley service that goes to Los Alos (which I want to do), so here is my question....If we get a hotel near the airport, would we be able to hop the trolley? Or are the stops for the trolley in other areas? After reading some posts yeaterday, I am thinking about the Hyatt Place North. Is this a good idea? Is there anything close to the Hyatt within walking distance?

Thanks in advance!:D

To begin with, as in its' name... the Hyatt is NORTH of FLL; Miami is SOUTH! Thereby, you would be going out of your way. If you are flying into FLL, and want to stay there overnight (where the hotels are less expensive than Miami), then choose a hotel near the airport that has free shuttle transportation. Then in the morning, you can get a shuttle back to the airport, and from there get a shuttle for $22 per person to your ship in Miami.

To begin with, as in its' name... the Hyatt is NORTH of FLL; Miami is SOUTH! Thereby, you would be going out of your way. If you are flying into FLL, and want to stay there overnight (where the hotels are less expensive than Miami), then choose a hotel near the airport that has free shuttle transportation. Then in the morning, you can get a shuttle back to the airport, and from there get a shuttle for $22 per person to your ship in Miami.

GO Shuttle is $21 pp from the airport to POM, but SAS is only $15 and I think they will pick you up at FLL area hotels saving the shuttle to the airport.

HP North would be closer to the trolley and Las Olas Blvd.

I was thinking about the Hyatt North because it sounded like a really good hotel, that had a shuttle, and I think that I can get a really good price on it. I actually found it here on CC yesterday.I am trying to do some things rather inexpensively, because my son and his girlfriend don't have a lot of money (college students). We don't need to stay right at Los Alos, but I thought it would be fun to go there if our flight got in early enough. I am looking for something inexpensive, hopefully airport shuttle, and close enough for something to do (or close to the trolly).

I had looked at the riverside, but I don't think that they can afford $240.00 for their room.

Does anyone have any other ideas on where we should stay?

Thanks in advance!:D

There are no guarantees, but lately on Priceline downtown zone the only 3* hotels have been Riverside and Hyatt Place. On Hotwire downtown zone the Riverside is the only 3.5* hotel that has been offered lately, and Hyatt Place north is the only 3*. You have a very high chance of getting these hotels if you stick to these *s and the downtown zone. If not, you should still be on the trolley route in this zone. The Riverside doesn't have an airport/cruiseport shuttle but the Hyatt Place north has free shuttles and breakfast. I much prefer the location of Riverside, but HP might be more suited for your party.

Archived