Inspiration

Bsetter

What can anyone tell me about the Inspiration - 5 night Cruise out of Tampa? I just booked it for Thanksgiving week, for two couples. Kind-of last minute decision. We're just looking for a few nights away before the holidays.

We did this cruise last January!!!!

You will LOVE Grand Cayman and Cozumel!!!! :D

The food was VERY good on the Inspiration! Make sure to watch going under the Tampa Bay bridge about 6ish you will go under, REALLY cool!!!!!

Are you going to stay in Tampa night before? If so check out Howl at the Moon, LOTS of fun there! We stayed at hotel not far from port, downtown Tampa and they have a trolley to get you around you do not need to drive! NICE!

ALWAYS fun traveling with friends!!!!!

Grand Cayman if you love the beach go to Seven Mile beach, we have been there twice and have enjoyed going to Royal Palms stop, resturant/Bar right on the beach! BEAUTIFUL beach!!!

Cozumel if you like to drink, eat, and beach again go to Nachi Cocom all inclusive, I believe it was $49pp. The food was DELICIOUS!!!!! SERVES AWESOME!!!!! They come to you and serve you, VERY good about bringing you your food and drinks, our drinks never went empty, Carlos was always bringing us a new one!!!! The food you get appetizer, soup or salad, and meal!!!! We did all three through out the day, so we ate and drank all day long and RELAXED!!!! LOVED it there!

It's been awhile since we cruised on the Inspiration, but it was our first cruise and we LOVED it! The ship was easy to get around, the food was good, and it impressed us so much we have been addicted since! I hear it's going to Cali in January to be replaced with another similarly classed ship. You'll love it I'm sure!

Good evening,

Just wanted to chime in..I have been on the Inspiration 2 times and will embark on my 3rd next Thursday. We enjoy this ship very much!! Make sure to check out the bridge about 45 minutes after sailaway..it just barely clears..Most of all just enjoy and have a wonderful time..I will post a review when I return.

Later,

Rhonda aka mucklucks

We sailed the Inspiration last November and had a blast. I have to admit the Lido Buffet decorations had us laughing every time we went there, it was the purple tubes with the orange caps that just struck us as funny. But the ship is nice and lots of fun, our waitstaff at dinner were great and so was our cabin attendent.

The last day when we were waiting in the buffet for our number to be called to debark, our assistant waiter snuck over and acted like he was trying to steal our suitcase, he was so funny.

We did the Best of Cayman Island Tour thru Carnival and it was fun, since it was a ship excursion we were one of the first groups to tender.

Shows were good, we played mini golf and went on the water slides. They had a ice carving on the main deck and it was really neat to watch how they make those ice sculptures. The Cruise Director Matt was the best cruise director we have ever had.

You will have a great time.

Just an FYI, my understanding is that Inspiration will be here in Cali much sooner than a year. Our Feb 28 cruise was to be on the Paradise, but has been changed to the Inspiration.

I think you may be mistaken because the Inspiration is leaving for California on December 3, 2011 via the Panama Canal. I know this because I booked a room on this cruise.

We'll be on the cruise that departs after yours! We've also been on Inspiration before and love the stop in Cozumel. In Grand Cayman, we had to anchor on the other side of the island and take shuttles to the downtown area. Since time was limited to begin with, it was a waste of time.

The ship itself is smaller and older, but well kept up. What I always laugh about is the decor in the buffet. You'll have to see it to believe it!

Archived