Shoes for Puntarenas (Costa Rica) tours

kahtrav

Not quite sure where to post this question since there's no Costa Rica option - maybe in several areas. We are taking a tour with Okey-Dokey Tours - Charlie mentions wearing sneakers. I wasn't actually going to take any closed shoes - just hiking sandals, walking sandals and dressy sandals. We pack very tight in carry-ons, so shoes for this one tour seems extraneous. How important are closed shoes? Any advice from those who have taken the Costa Rica tours would be appreciated (we'll either zipline or walk the elevated walkways through the rain forest - not actual hiking).

I LIVE in Keens, jungle, beach, home, day-in and day-out. They do "stink" a bit, but so do good sneakers. They will work fine for anything you want to do in Costa Rica! I wear them at home around the rain forest constantly. As long as you don't stand on an ant hill, you're fine. BTW, in Puntarenas at the end of the dock there is a little flea market, and an old gringo like me sells fantastic Tarazzu coffee that he roasts the day before the ship comes in. It's called "Shade Lady" . . . "Shady Lady" is another operation, but beware, you may get more than you bargained for from the shady lady. ;)

Regards. Richard

Archived