Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Kim,

Thank you.

I have so much to do and here I am lurking around on this board! What's the matter with me?

I'm trying so hard to get some outfits together so that I can look different in each of the pictures for the shore excursions. In looking at the pictures that we took on our last cruise, I looked the same no matter where we were. It was disappointing. But I realized that the reason was I didn't have enough tops that were totally different from each other; in other words, I had 3 tops that were a creamy color that blended well with my jackets, but when I wore them you simply couldn't tell the difference among them. So this time, I'm taking red, blue, gold... so there! Anyway, that's my plan.

I'm doing my best. I wish that I could have the patience and the discipline to create spreadsheets the way that some people do... especially the Cruising Fashionista on this Fashion Board. I think I've waited a little too long to get started with that; I leave in 3 days, so I have to be done by then.

I have nothing to do for the next 3 days except finalize what I'm going to pack... do my manicure and pedicure.... a salon appointment... and have 3 Zumba sessions! So, the countdown truly begins....

I've GOT to stop reading these threads and get to work! LOL...:eek:

I'm trying so hard to get some outfits together so that I can look different in each of the pictures for the shore excursions. In looking at the pictures that we took on our last cruise, I looked the same no matter where we were. It was disappointing. But I realized that the reason was I didn't have enough tops that were totally different from each other; in other words, I had 3 tops that were a creamy color that blended well with my jackets, but when I wore them you simply couldn't tell the difference among them. So this time, I'm taking red, blue, gold... so there! Anyway, that's my plan.

Pack with all of your FIRE glory! and show us your pics :D

Have a safe and fabulous trip and DETAILS when you return!

This is a message to thank (or blame lol) TerriSea for inspiring me to use scarves. I'm also a spring gal and about a year ago you had posted on another colour thread that you wore a scare to work one day. Someone asked you how you wore it and I don't think there was a reply at the time. Well, that got me started. I have found a happy spring scarf can save an outfit, pulling together a lot of different looks and help cover up a little less than spring colour that you are just trying to get by with. Love the scarves. I now have a huge collection. Everywhere I go I look for spring scarves. Thanks for the inspiration Terri.

Deana

Kim! I know you are always on the lookout for FIRE purple. I saw it today in Target.

http://www.target.com/dp/B004B37LF4/ref=sc_qi_img_viewdetails?ie=UTF8&title=view%20full%20details

The black belt is all wrong. But the color was great. And generally Target has several different things in the same or similar color around, so if you found this dress, you could use it to find some other things as well?

It was just a fast in and out shopping trip for me, so I didn't really shop, but this was one of the dresses that stood out to me...it was displayed on a wall...and that FIRE purple was easy to see! LOL.:D

Kim! I know you are always on the lookout for FIRE purple. I saw it today in Target.

http://www.target.com/dp/B004B37LF4/ref=sc_qi_img_viewdetails?ie=UTF8&title=view%20full%20details

The black belt is all wrong. But the color was great. And generally Target has several different things in the same or similar color around, so if you found this dress, you could use it to find some other things as well?

It was just a fast in and out shopping trip for me, so I didn't really shop, but this was one of the dresses that stood out to me...it was displayed on a wall...and that FIRE purple was easy to see! LOL.:D

Thanks for the tip, Anita! I do love the FIRE purple, blue and greens :)

I saw the EARTH dress on your EARTH thread too. What a cute dress. I love Target--it's always been one of my favorites AND we have one here .

I and I'm sure all of the other FIRES out there appreciate the extra effort you give in reporting on goodFIRE matches.

Thanks professor

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Spring to all! I for one am thrilled that it's here!

I'm going to be "Stateside" next month for about 10 days

next month and was wondering if anyone as seen any good

Fire clothes lately??

Happy Spring to all! I for one am thrilled that it's here!

I'm going to be "Stateside" next month for about 10 days

next month and was wondering if anyone as seen any good

Fire clothes lately??

Hi jubie,

I have had some luck at J.C. Penny's, Old Navy, SteinMart, Elder Beerman (Bon Ton), Cold Water Creek, Dillard's (when I'm near one), and and the brand "Jones New York" found at a little more upscale stores,

I have also depended a lot on thrift stores ;)

The "experts" on here (as you know:) ) are always on the look out for FIRE colors and I depend on them too :D

What area will you be visiting here?

Kim

Edited by Joby

Hi everyone! I originally heard about Curt and his colors on Cruise Critic. I had been a Winter for many years -- or rather thought I was. Then I got interested in these threads and thought I was an Earth.

Well... now you know why I should have someone who actually knows what they're doing help me. :rolleyes:

When I ordered the Earth cards, thankfully Curt gently suggested that I might be interested in an Internet consult before I went to the expense of ordering cards. I'm so glad I did, since -- you guessed it -- I'm neither Winter nor Earth, but Fire. I'm so excited because I get to wear bright and rich colors, which is what I liked in Winter. I just got back from my early cruise, this time Carnival Paradise out of Long Beach. My son and I had some pictures taken together and he remarked how I don't "looked washed out like you usually do." No I don't, because I'm finally wearing the right colors!

Curt was wonderful and amazing in the time he spent on emails with me, especially when we were testing with digital photos and I was really clueless about what constitutes Earth and Fire colors. Endless patience, good will and humor.

The right colors in clothes, makeup and hair have helped me to feel attractive again.

And yes, I'll post pictures I promise!

Edited by chrislynnet

Hi everyone! I originally heard about Curt and his colors on Cruise Critic. I had been a Winter for many years -- or rather thought I was. Then I got interested in these threads and thought I was an Earth.

Well... now you know why I should have someone who actually knows what they're doing help me. :rolleyes:

When I ordered the Earth cards, thankfully Curt gently suggested that I might be interested in an Internet consult before I went to the expense of ordering cards. I'm so glad I did, since -- you guessed it -- I'm neither Winter nor Earth, but Fire. I'm so excited because I get to wear bright and rich colors, which is what I liked in Winter. I just got back from my early cruise, this time Carnival Paradise out of Long Beach. My son and I had some pictures taken together and he remarked how I don't "looked washed out like you usually do." No I don't, because I'm finally wearing the right colors!

Curt was wonderful and amazing in the time he spent on emails with me, especially when we were testing with digital photos and I was really clueless about what constitutes Earth and Fire colors. Endless patience, good will and humor.

The right colors in clothes, makeup and hair have helped me to feel attractive again.

And yes, I'll post pictures I promise!

Welcome chrislynnet,

welcome to my world of thinking/believing I was one season and finding out from the wonderful CJW that I was another. I DO love being a FIRE though! I love the bright colors.

Pictures, we LOVE pictures. Post away :D

At the SkyHarbor International Airport. On our way to Ft Lauderdale. We are leaving at 3:45pm and will arrive in Florida at 11:15pm, Florida time. Of course, there is a 3 hr time difference so it won't feel that late to us. We are staying at the Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, mainly because they are very reasonable and they have (1) a free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and a (2) free shuttle service from the hotel to the cruise port. EZ.

I went to my hairdresser to get my hair color refreshed. CJW recommended that I do a 1/2 Cayenne and a 1/2 Golden Apricot Redken Shades. WELL, the salon has stopped carrying that product. Ryan (hairdresser) assured me that the product that they now carry is better... way better... Wella... so what was I supposed to do? I had an appointment for the day before we left, so I had to just cross my fingers.

I dressed for comfort and some durability... hence the jeans. And I knew that Florida would be hot and humid so I just put on a simple top. It's an Ann Taylor that Anita found for me some time ago. The jeans are Code Bleu, with nice warm golden thread accent stitching and some wonderful pocket art that you can't see. The pocket art is done in bronze stitching. Love the jeans... BUT... it's the last time I wear them in the entire 26-day trip! I'm heading to warm, warm weather. I checked on weather.com before the trip and expected to wear these jeans in Florence because the temps were predicted to be in the high-50's, with rain. Instead, we were in the mid-80's with sunny, blue skies! Not complaining, but I would have chosen a different outfit and packed just a wee bit differently if the predictions for weather had been more correct.

No accessories other than the watch. Security, right? Had my first TSA patdown. Survived. The purse on my carry-on is a PacSafe. It's a wonderful travel accessory.

2zisn5z.jpg

Sorry about the picture size earlier.

I talked with Anita and she told me that I can change the size of the picture. I just saw how to do that, so I'll make the other pictures better.

Eeks. It's tough to see such a big picture of yourself!

Kim, I'm doing this mainly for you.

BTW, I saw your comment about how much your DH liked his salmon. I'm so glad!

At the SkyHarbor International Airport. On our way to Ft Lauderdale. We are leaving at 3:45pm and will arrive in Florida at 11:15pm, Florida time. Of course, there is a 3 hr time difference so it won't feel that late to us. We are staying at the Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, mainly because they are very reasonable and they have (1) a free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and a (2) free shuttle service from the hotel to the cruise port. EZ.

I went to my hairdresser to get my hair color refreshed. CJW recommended that I do a 1/2 Cayenne and a 1/2 Golden Apricot Redken Shades. WELL, the salon has stopped carrying that product. Ryan (hairdresser) assured me that the product that they now carry is better... way better... Wella... so what was I supposed to do? I had an appointment for the day before we left, so I had to just cross my fingers.

I dressed for comfort and some durability... hence the jeans. And I knew that Florida would be hot and humid so I just put on a simple top. It's an Ann Taylor that Anita found for me some time ago. The jeans are Code Bleu, with nice warm golden thread accent stitching and some wonderful pocket art that you can't see. The pocket art is done in bronze stitching. Love the jeans... BUT... it's the last time I wear them in the entire 26-day trip! I'm heading to warm, warm weather. I checked on weather.com before the trip and expected to wear these jeans in Florence because the temps were predicted to be in the high-50's, with rain. Instead, we were in the mid-80's with sunny, blue skies! Not complaining, but I would have chosen a different outfit and packed just a wee bit differently if the predictions for weather had been more correct.

No accessories other than the watch. Security, right? Had my first TSA patdown. Survived. The purse on my carry-on is a PacSafe. It's a wonderful travel accessory.

Welcome back world traveler! I'm so excited to hear all about it AND see your pictodiary :D

I know I'm not the only one who loves to see pictures. There are lots of other FIRES out there that will love the coming pictures too! And, think how much we all will be able to learn and discuss.

I can't wait.

I love you in the purple top. I also notice how the gold watch looks so much better with your top than the silver background of the posty thingy. I even notice how I like the gold with the purple compared to your silver luggage handle.

"Pocket art", I love that. I think it will be in my vocabulary soon :)

Do you like your hair color? I think it looks nice. It seems to be a bit darker than the last trip pictures, is that right or am I hallucinating? I'm getting a lot of gray in mine now and it dilutes the strawberry blonde some. I'm just not ready to start coloring though.

Ok, I'm waiting for more...

Kim! O my gosh!

I was laughing so hard trying to take that picture at the airport. I told Anita all about it because I was so highly entertaining to so many people who were clearly bored, sitting there waiting for their flight. Anyway, I didn't even THINK about the background in the picture! That's the one thing that I didn't think about in all the thinking I was doing.... :eek:

The hair has proved to be interesting. I thought it was way darker than the Redken shades and, at first, I was disappointed. Then, I had to give myself a pep talk because, after all, this was such a fabulous celebration of my birthday (decade change :eek: ) and I just wasn't going to let myself feel any type of disappointment. When I left the salon, I was thinking that I might try to go with a more blonde color next time. But, it's kind of grown on me. IDK. Maybe I like it.

I know what you mean about getting started with the coloring. Let me tell you that the reason that I even got in touch with CJW was because I was feeling so very, very low about the way that I was looking. Well, I hesitate to say anything but all you have to do is look at my BEFORE picture on his fire/air/earth/ice website (if he still has that awful picture posted). Did you know that Mrs. CJW said that I was CJW's greatest success?!? That is kind of.... hmmm... well, ok, funny... I'll take the compliment. Back to my thought.. I'd had my hair dyed in the past and it only seemed to make my skin look inflamed and red and "off." So I was really hesitant to do it, as well.

My life has changed with coloring my hair. OK. That's such a huge statement to make. But, for me, it's literally the truth. Because it started me down this particular path of paying attention to my colors in dress and accessories... and just feeling better about myself. I can't go under a surgeon's knife, or even think about the whole Botox injections... but I can certainly dye my hair! So, that was my thinking. CJW literally brought sunshine into my life... literally...

We arrived at the FLL airport and had a major confusion with the hotel shuttle. For anyone else arriving in FLL, the hotel shuttles pick you up at a specific location that is BEYOND the terminal builidng. When you see pickup signs in the terminal area, they are informational only and not where you are supposed to stand for the shuttles to be able to get you. So, we had a longer wait than necessary. Then, when the shuttle did arrive, there were so many people who wanted to go that we were literally packed in like cattle. People were sitting on the floor of the shuttle. Not good. And keep in mind that it is about 11:30pm, Florida time!

We checked in and had no problems. Our baggage was all there! Woot woot! Major worry button now released. We found a great little 7-11 that had chilled one-serving bottles of Barefoot Wine's Pinot Grigio. Welcome to our vacation!

The next day, we got up to have fun in Ft Lauderdale. We did have fun. It rained on us a bit. We took the water taxi all around the area. I decided to take this day's picture at the Hyatt at Pier 66. Beautiful hotel.

This is a Tommy Bahama's coral sundress. It's very light weight. Almost backless. Perfect for the hot, humid temperatures. I wasn't planning on wearing this dress on any other day, but ended up being so grateful to have it because the European temperatures were so much warmer than predicted; if I remember, I wore it a few times during my vacation.

eiky6a.jpg

We arrived at the FLL airport and had a major confusion with the hotel shuttle. For anyone else arriving in FLL, the hotel shuttles pick you up at a specific location that is BEYOND the terminal builidng. When you see pickup signs in the terminal area, they are informational only and not where you are supposed to stand for the shuttles to be able to get you. So, we had a longer wait than necessary. Then, when the shuttle did arrive, there were so many people who wanted to go that we were literally packed in like cattle. People were sitting on the floor of the shuttle. Not good. And keep in mind that it is about 11:30pm, Florida time!

We checked in and had no problems. Our baggage was all there! Woot woot! Major worry button now released. We found a great little 7-11 that had chilled one-serving bottles of Barefoot Wine's Pinot Grigio. Welcome to our vacation!

The next day, we got up to have fun in Ft Lauderdale. We did have fun. It rained on us a bit. We took the water taxi all around the area. I decided to take this day's picture at the Hyatt at Pier 66. Beautiful hotel.

This is a Tommy Bahama's coral sundress. It's very light weight. Almost backless. Perfect for the hot, humid temperatures. I wasn't planning on wearing this dress on any other day, but ended up being so grateful to have it because the European temperatures were so much warmer than predicted; if I remember, I wore it a few times during my vacation.

Ooohh, I love that dress, Pam. You look smashing in it!

When you have on the correct colors, it's amazing how your face, hair and clothing all blend to make a unified look. Nothing is sticking out like a sore thumb.

I think it's also amazing that when a FIRE wears a bright color, like your bright coral, in our palette, that it doesn't look like we've been shined on by a black light and stick out like a sore thumb (again).

I'm anxious to look over the entire pictodiary when you've finished and see which colors I like best on you. I "think" I look better and like some colors in our FIRE palette better than others.

For me, I like our bright aqua for what it does to my eyes, I like browns and camels for what they do with my hair and I just simply love our blues and purple just because I love them :)

Do you like certain colors better than others on yourself?

My DH LOVES "his" salmon. I made him promise not to share it with the rest of the family. We only take a bite of the different kinds when he has some. I make the AK salmon for him when son and I have pizza or some other totally unhealthy foods :) That way, DH gets to have a treat at dinner too.

Oh, dear Lord, I know how you felt taking pictures everywhere. My DH was a saint and took the pictures. It was sometimes funny with others watching. I tried to do it as inconspicuously as possible but, most of the time it didn't work out that way :)

Our son, said it was the weirdest thing (about the pictodiary), although, he thinks color analysis is weird and it's odd to care what colors you wear. He says if you like it wear it. I tell him he's just not in the know about such things :rolleyes:

Just think of this pictodiary as a self sacrificing way to teach all of us FIRES about our coloring and clothes!!!

That's a great story about Mrs. CJW. CJW is a whiz at this color stuff, isn't he? I just wish I had his critical and precision eye.

Where are Anita and Terri in this great conversation?????

Where did you find out what your colors were? I would be interested in knowing if the colors I think are mine are actually mine.... This sounds pretty interesting.

Welcome to the conversation, mrsgomez2011.

You can contact our color guru, Curt at http://fireiceearthandair.wordpress.com/internet-consultations/

He will ask you for pictures taken in different color clothing, questions about your natural hair color, etc. and then guide you to what colors look best on you.

There are also several gals on here that have a pretty darn good eye for color. If you have questions, ask away. This is a friendly and helpful group.

Where are Anita and Terri in this great conversation?????

Not to be too personal...BUT...I'm all choked up seeing these pictures of Mom...the hair color...the hair style...how fit she is...how happy she looks...I swear I've been transported back decades...I love my beautiful Mama...I'm lovin' every day of this pictodiary.

I totally agree with you Kim about liking some colors better than others...and I think eye color has a lot to do with it...I love me in green (green eyes)...and orange...which is very funny, because I never EVER thought I would say that I actually loved the color orange...not sure why, but some strange inner bias against it...and it turns out that it's one of my best colors...it's like a neutral for me?...

Mom and I were having our makeup done during the holidays...Mom asked about a certain lipstick color that was good for her and did he think it would be good for me?...he said that it was an orange color and that it would NOT be good for me because I was already SO ORANGE...and I thought...wow...never heard THAT before...but that is exactly what the Color Me Beautiful says about people that are classified as "Autumn" in her color naming system...they have "orange" warm undertones..."Spring" has "yellow" warm undertones.

What I love about these pictures is just what you said Kim...I've seen these clothes IRL and these colors are very bright, clear and STAND OUT colors...but Mom wears them and SHE is the stand out...her eyes are POPPING in that coral orange dress, even at this distance...and I told Mom in an email...I love what the purple does to even out her skin tone.

You ladies are so sweet. OK. Anita, do you want to hear something that will make you smile? So, I was taking a picture of your Dad and he just wasn't looking all that wonderful for the camera. So, I said to him, "hey, think about Missy Cakes, Miss Anita!" and his eyes brightened up and he got a great, relaxed smile on his face. So, I thought, "hey that totally worked!" So, he took a great, great picture. So, for the whole rest of our picture taking, we just thought of you... hence the happy face. :D

It's Embarkation Day on the beautiful Celebrity Solstice. Of course it had to be a balcony picture!

Because of indiana71 and her fabulous fashionista thread, I really took some time and brought along accessories (which I've always just never taken the time for before and I'm so grateful to her for putting the accessory/outfit planning/playing with fashion thought into my head!).

The top is a red Michael Kors. Now, there is the potential for wardrobe malfunction with this top because the gold accent piece is very heavy! I do have on a strapless bra, but still. The earrings are from Cache, as are the sand colored capris. Gold bracelet that I've had forever. Champagne courtesy of Celebrity... wonderful accessory!

fepenn.jpg

Member123, you look fabulous! I love the orange dress. Isn't it great when you feel like it all just works, your hair cut and color, wearing the right clothing colors and of course your trim figure.

I am so glad orange is such a hot color this season because it is now my favorite color. Most any shade works for me but I am best in the deep red orange and there is lots of that available. I am hoping to find something in formal wear in that color.

Thanks for sharing your transformation with us.

Kris

Kris, thank you so much for your kind words! I guess I feel like this is my payback time for all the fun pictures that other ladies have posted: Kim and Terri and Anita and Jane, etc. As they say in the Academy Awards, there are so many I just don't have time to name them all! Anyway, Kim coined the word "pictodiary" which I think is so meaningful and appropriate and I love that word.

As we progress through these pictures, there are some that are more <ahem> fabulous and FIREy than others. I guess I'll be brave and also post the misses along with the hits.

Anyway, Day 2 was a formal night. They hit us up first thing! I don't think I was really ready for formal night, in my mind. But, we pariticpated.

Here is the infamous Gianni Bini apple green dress. My DH bought me some lovely jewels to go along with my lovely green dress, so I have emerald earrings and a bracelet and a ring from St. Thomas (given to me on 2 separate occasions). The emerald necklace is from my Mother (in law, but she was like a Mother.. with a capital "M" to me). This is in the Blu Restaurant, which is a specialty dining restaurant assigned to Aqua Class staterooms aboard Celebrity Solstice-class ships. As you can see, there are some men in tuxedos, but there isn't a whole lot of fancy, fancy dressing going on.

ipy5ps.jpg

Courtesy of Anita, who wanted her Dad to wear a necktie that would complement my dress. We found a great ICE green, don't you think? Funny to have FIRE and ICE in a photo, isn't it? BUT, I can't even begin to tell you the comments that we endured that evening. Everything ranging from how "sweet" we were to questions about whether we booked a limo for our "prom" date, etc. Really?!? We shrugged it off, but if affected my DH and he didn't want to participate in the fun and games, so the next time I wore the green dress... well, he picked out his red tie. Christmas! No, we actually didn't get any comments that night. Thank goodness.

Oh, I have to tell you that I have OPI Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It nail polish on my toes. My shoes are Helle Comfort, and they really are comfortable.

2cyqgbr.jpg

Pam you look so wonderful!

I remember when you began working with

Curt and it really is an amazing change.

I must say you look 10 years younger. :)

Am loving the pictodiary!

Julie

Julie, Thank you so much!

I was fortunate in that I found the Seasons Thread when CJW was much more active... prior to marriage and daughter... and I had such an uplifting experience with him. He has quite a wonderful eye and knowledge. I lightened my hair, but more importantly I lightened my heart! And, then Anita found Zumba and I've now lightened my body! LOL. 10 lbs worth! I do feel like a different person, in a way. I was struggling with the mirror... well, I can struggle with the mirror. Like my hairdresser says, "step away from the 5X magnification... just step away!"

The pictodiary... <gasp> it's starting to feel kind of like I'm sucking all the air out of the room and hogging the conversation. kwim? I had such a fun trip! I'm just thining that I love it when other people post pictures so I'm assuming that you ladies are enjoying this peak into my vacation. If you reach a saturation point, just tell me to STOP. ;)