Destiny question

richbum

Sign up and pay at the Purser's desk - $20 each (plus whatever your airline charges! :mad:); Carnival will check you in for your flight (no slow internet connections and printing issues to worry about) and provides you with luggage tags. Tag your bags and put them outside the door the night before you return - the next time we saw our bags was whne we landed at our home airport. Best $20 I ever spent!;)

Good luck!:)

the Luggage Express program

you get priority debarkation,

Miami (airport between the hours of 11:30 am and 23:59 PM, and Fort Lauderdale Airport between 2pm and 23:59 pm, only domestic flights,

not available to guests who wish to participate in Miami Shore excursions,

the participating airlines are AA, Delta, Air Tran, Continental, US airways and Jet BLue for Miami and all of the above PLUS Alaska Airlines for Fort Lauderdale...

$ 20 per guest NOT including luggage fees charged by the airline...

It's a great deal as far as the luggage part and airline check-in/boarding pass is concerned. But I don't like the priority debarcation part of it. I was paged out of the dining room before I was ready to leave because everyone in the group has to go at the same time. I'd only do it again if I could opt out of the priority debarcation and leave whenever I wanted.

It's a great deal as far as the luggage part and airline check-in/boarding pass is concerned. But I don't like the priority debarcation part of it. I was paged out of the dining room before I was ready to leave because everyone in the group has to go at the same time. I'd only do it again if I could opt out of the priority debarcation and leave whenever I wanted.

I don't get it? Why do they care what time you get to the airport and/or leave the ship??? And what happens if you choose to 'finish' your breakfast? I don't think they would search the ship would they? or hold up the 'others'? Very weird in my opinion!

I don't get it? Why do they care what time you get to the airport and/or leave the ship??? And what happens if you choose to 'finish' your breakfast? I don't think they would search the ship would they? or hold up the 'others'? Very weird in my opinion!

I didn't understand either, but apparently they want us all to leave the ship together in one group and go through customs together. They were holding everyone else until I got to the designated meeting area. The funny thing was that once we got to the customs lines, everyone split up anyway and went in different lines. It wasn't like we had a special line to go through.

I didn't understand either, but apparently they want us all to leave the ship together in one group and go through customs together. They were holding everyone else until I got to the designated meeting area. The funny thing was that once we got to the customs lines, everyone split up anyway and went in different lines. It wasn't like we had a special line to go through.

Sounds like this might be a Customs requirement? e.g. everyone who is not 'picking' up luggage at the pier must go thru customs first?? Still don't get it.... and wondering if this is standard on all ships cuz I have never heard of this before - being forced off the ship cuz you chose to use luggage express???

Archived