special occassion cakes

davfamno2

They are Goood! and they only cost $9.95 for a cake that fed 10 people

I thought the same way. We had one delivered to the MDR the first night on the ship for our son's birthday and thought it was very good for the price;)

YES! I love choc mousse cake and theirs is one of the best I've ever had. Worth the money. I'm a big "sweet" person but didnt care for most of the desserts in MDR including the warm choc melting cake. I preferred the choc mousse cake I ordered from Formalities over anything else. Plan to get another one on our next cruise.

If ordering a cake, do they bring it out with candles on it and sing Happy Birthday. It is my dads birthday on the first night of the cruise and thought about ordering a cake but with all the desserts on board I don't know that it would be worth it

If ordering a cake, do they bring it out with candles on it and sing Happy Birthday. It is my dads birthday on the first night of the cruise and thought about ordering a cake but with all the desserts on board I don't know that it would be worth it

I totally get where you are coming from about the dolphins...but they no longer belong to a pod..what do you think they will do with them if they are no longer useful??? Not good either way!

Yes, they bring it out with candles and sing. Problem with us was that we could not eat the entire cake so the waiter packed it up and we took it back to the cabin.

We arranged for a birthday cake for my cousin on the Valor two years ago. The cake was good, but we were surprised when the waiter didn't give each person the option of ordering a dessert being served in the MDR in addition or instead (I really wanted that baked alaska). I'm sure they'll still bring you the MDR dessert if you ask, though, but we didn't catch on until it was too late.

We arranged for a birthday cake for my cousin on the Valor two years ago. The cake was good, but we were surprised when the waiter didn't give each person the option of ordering a dessert being served in the MDR in addition or instead (I really wanted that baked alaska). I'm sure they'll still bring you the MDR dessert if you ask, though, but we didn't catch on until it was too late.

When I ordered the birthday cake the waiter did bring the dessert menu to the table. Perhaps it just depends on the waiter.

How is the sugar free variety? I've been debating getting a sugar free one for my MIL for our cruise next month.

EWWWW - I do not care for sugar free cakes - if it is medically necessary then okay but not great in my opinion.

Archived