Katakolon to Olympia

nutsngum

What a sad tale, I really feel for you. It's no sort of consolation but in case you don't try for a third time, Olympia looks like this

Thanks for the sympathy, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was deprived, but I did want to see Olympia. I've had two lovely vacations to Greece. The first trip in 1998 was for 3 weeks. We saw Delphi, Mycenae', Kalavrita, Nafplion, Patra, Eon, Athens, and a small beach town of Akrata. We have friends that live in Akrata and didn't even have to pay for a hotel for our three weeks there. Then our second trip in 2008 (on the cruise) we saw Santorini, Athens, Katakolon and Corfu. So I have seen lots of Greek ruins, history and countryside, cities and wineries. Glad we visited before all the unrest that is going on there now.

Then our second trip in 2008 (on the cruise) we saw Santorini, Athens, Katakolon and Corfu. So I have seen lots of Greek ruins, history and countryside, cities and wineries. Glad we visited before all the unrest that is going on there now.

Just curious, if you went to Katakolon, why didn't you go to Olympia then?

Then our second trip in 2008 (on the cruise) we saw Santorini, Athens, Katakolon and Corfu. So I have seen lots of Greek ruins, history and countryside, cities and wineries. Glad we visited before all the unrest that is going on there now.

Just curious, if you went to Katakolon, why didn't you go to Olympia then?

LuvToCook, You must not have read the whole thread. I told my tale of woe back on Page 1,

"Definitely have a Plan "A', and then a Plan "B" for when Plan "A" falls apart. We were going to take the train, so bypassed all the taxis at the pier. We shopped as we walked along the main street to the train station. Upon arrival, the train station was closed, with a sign, that the train was being repaired. Wouldn't be running that day. And didn't see the sign that there was a bus. Headed back to the ship, and of course all the taxis were now gone. I didn't think about a car rental, so we just went back to the ship for a late lunch. So I've now been to Greece twice, and missed Olympia both times"

Then CornishPastyman1 posted what Olympia looked like. I've seen photos but wanted to actually go there. But I doubt I will be returning a 3rd time.

• 1 month later...

Archived