Tim Tams in Halifax/Saint John

I have read about the famous and fabulous Tim Tam biscuits on several threads and would like to try them for myself on our upcoming cruise. Are they available in eastern Canada? Are there any stores within the walking distance of the port in Halifax and Saint John where we may make a purchase?

Thanks.

Eva

I have read about the famous and fabulous Tim Tam biscuits on several threads and would like to try them for myself on our upcoming cruise. Are they available in eastern Canada? Are there any stores within the walking distance of the port in Halifax and Saint John where we may make a purchase?

Thanks.

Eva

Apparently Loblaw's supermarkets in Canada are carrying Arnott's Tim Tams (Aussie product) at their stores. When I visit the Superstore (Loblaw's) in the next couple days I will take a look for them and let you know. Will also check Old City Market on my way through today. If Superstore does have them - it's a 5 minute taxi ride. City Market is few blocks from ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

Eva

Better still, hope that you have an Aussie on your cruise. You could then ask them to bring you a couple of packets. They are only $2 a packet here.

I once made a return trip to Australia because of my craving for Tim Tams. You can occasionally find them at the Atlantic Superstore. In Halifax, there is a Superstore just up from the cruise dock not far from the Westin. Don't know if they carry them but if I get a chance I'll give them a call.

Atlantic Superstore - Barrington St

1075 Barrington St, Halifax, NS B3H 2P8

902-492-3240

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1075+Barrington+St,+Halifax,+NS+B3H+2P8&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=27.424382,56.162109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1075+Barrington+St,+Halifax,+Halifax+County,+Nova+Scotia+B3H+2R2&ll=44.638277,-63.568053&spn=0.007375,0.013711&z=16

try this website www.simplyoz.com and order the Tim Tams with Honeycomb or the Black Forest ones. These are just outstanding! This company is based in my area and they supply all of the Australians and New Zealanders in the US. Plus they also sell to Quantas and other Australian notables operating in the US.

Cincinnatigal

• 1 month later...
Sorry, I made a mistake in spelling. I will try and utilize my spell check more on this board.

CincinnatiGal

Don't feel bad - it's an acronym. The original company was Queensland and Northern Territory Air Service, then became QANTAS and now just plain old Qantas.

Archived