Your Time Dining.....Reservations?

lizpdfb

On the Ecstasy, there are 2 lines into the MDR. One is for regular dining, the other is for your time. When we were ready to eat, we just walked past the massive lines and checked in with the hostess. Only 2 nights we had to wait, and it was less than 10 minutes both times. I honestly think the only reason we had to wait was because we asked for a specific waitress. We LOVE your time dining!

Yep... just show up anytime between (I think) 5:45 and 9:30 pm and you're good to go. We had to wait one time, and it was less than 5 minutes. We were headed to grab a drink and our buzzer went off. We went at all different times, so I don't know what time is best. LOVE everything about anytime dining!

For your time dining you just show up to your assigned dining room when you are ready to eat...We showed up at different times every night and never had a wait, even when we requested the same wait staff...

Well, actually we did have a short wait on the first elegant night, (it was about 6:45-7:00pm).They gave us a beeper to walk around...By the time we got to the area where we wanted to relax before dinner they were beeping us to come back...

I have had to wait on elegant night on two different cruises. On my Alaska cruise we waited so long they sent a dessert tray to our cabin as an apology (we really didn't care about the wait). The first time I did this sort of dining was on Oasis of the Seas in February. On that ship they encouraged you to make a reservation every night. In fact you could make a standing reservation for a particular time, table, waiter, etc for the whole week if you wanted to.

You just show up whenever you want and ask for a table that you want. Last cruise we were on this spring, we showed up anywhere between 6-8:30 (usually around 7) and always got an out of the way 2 top. We had to wait for about 5 minutes with a buzzer the first night, never waited at all after that. LOVE anytime dining.

Yep... just show up anytime between (I think) 5:45 and 9:30 pm and you're good to go. We had to wait one time, and it was less than 5 minutes. We were headed to grab a drink and our buzzer went off. We went at all different times, so I don't know what time is best. LOVE everything about anytime dining!

What is the latest time you are supposed to arrive at the dining room for "Your Time" dining? Can you actually show up at 9:30?

I have only been on one cruise before and going on another tomorrow but we did anytime dining on the Legend last year. There were lines for the people with reserved dining and we just walked up and got seated immediately.

Why would anyone want reserved dining? Is there a perk to it I don't understand?

What is the latest time you are supposed to arrive at the dining room for "Your Time" dining? Can you actually show up at 9:30?

Yes--two cruises back we showed up one night after having to take a 'nap' after an all you can drink excursion, we showed up about 9:20, got a 2 top, obviously deserted, and had a great dinner, great service, not rushed at all.

I have only been on one cruise before and going on another tomorrow but we did anytime dining on the Legend last year. There were lines for the people with reserved dining and we just walked up and got seated immediately.

Why would anyone want reserved dining? Is there a perk to it I don't understand?

Some people really like set time dining for the experience of having the same server/time/tablemates. I LOVE anytime dining.

Some people really like set time dining for the experience of having the same server/time/tablemates. I LOVE anytime dining.

But the crazy part to that rationale is with YTD you can STILL easily have the same servers and tables, but you can meet people throughout the cruise and bascially, handpick your own tablemates. (if they were smart enough to have also booked YTD) Which is what we did this past week on the Fascination.

Bill

But the crazy part to that rationale is with YTD you can STILL easily have the same servers and tables, but you can meet people throughout the cruise and bascially, handpick your own tablemates. (if they were smart enough to have also booked YTD) Which is what we did this past week on the Fascination.

Bill

Exactly. You really still have all the OPTIONS that anyone else has. You just get to decide where you want to eat, who you want to eat with, and where you want to eat. From my point of view, there is no down side. Some folks are just dead set in their ways to stick with set table dining, which if they like they can certainly stay with.

Archived