• Adonia
    • Arcadia
    • Artemis
    • Aurora
    • Azura
    • Oceana
    • Oriana
    • Ventura

Hi all, I just wanted to get your personal view on which ship from P&O is your favorite, I have only been on the ventura so i can't comment myself.

We very much loved the ventura and have booked for next year.

We are going to start saveing for our next cruise which will most probably be with P&O so just wanted to do some research into what ship will be best for us as we wan't to try another ship. We are a young family with 2 kids so we no we are limited to what ship we decide on. We look more into the ship than the itinery! But we do prefer warmer places.

I will try to add a poll, New to this site so a little slow! :o

Arcadias my favourite, very relaxing being child free, but if you have a young family then Ventura is great.

I loved Azura too, my 2nd favourite, already been onboard twice since she was launched in April, once was the naming ceremony, which was unforgettable, fireworks, champagne, VIP's and a overnighter in a balcony cabin. Azura is the same ship as Ventura, so if you liked Ventura you will love Azura, - worth considering.

Then my 3rd choice is Oceana, 4th Aurora, 5th Oriana. 6th sorry Ventura, the only ship I haven't sailed on is Artemis, but I have been onboard for the days and photographed it. If you want to see any of the ships in the fleet i have albums on them all, plus Independence (RCI), which was at that time the biggest cruise ship at sea - now Oasis is here and even bigger. Also have photos of Celebrity Equinox, American and very modern and a different feel from P&O.

Arcadias my favourite, very relaxing being child free, but if you have a young family then Ventura is great.

I loved Azura too, my 2nd favourite, already been onboard twice since she was launched in April, once was the naming ceremony, which was unforgettable, fireworks, champagne, VIP's and a overnighter in a balcony cabin. Azura is the same ship as Ventura, so if you liked Ventura you will love Azura, - worth considering.

Then my 3rd choice is Oceana, 4th Aurora, 5th Oriana. 6th sorry Ventura, the only ship I haven't sailed on is Artemis, but I have been onboard for the days and photographed it. If you want to see any of the ships in the fleet i have albums on them all, plus Independence (RCI), which was at that time the biggest cruise ship at sea - now Oasis is here and even bigger. Also have photos of Celebrity Equinox, American and very modern and a different feel from P&O.

Thanks for your feedback,

When you sailed on the Aurora was there many familys on there, Which itinery did you do? we have been toying with the idea of doing the 3 week caribbian cruise in april,

We wanted to do it in 2011 but thought it was out our price range so we are hopeing they will be doing the same in 2012 giveing us more time to save up and research it. We prefer to sail from the UK as i am not a great lover of flying! I would apreciate it if i could veiw your album on this ship?

When you sailed on the Aurora was there many familys on there, Which itinery did you do? we have been toying with the idea of doing the 3 week caribbian cruise in april,

We wanted to do it in 2011 but thought it was out our price range so we are hopeing they will be doing the same in 2012 giveing us more time to save up and research it. We prefer to sail from the UK as i am not a great lover of flying! I would apreciate it if i could veiw your album on this ship?

Hi

We did the 3 week Caribbean cruise on Aurora in 2008 and had a fab time. Our daughter was one of 38 children onboard and they really bonded as a group.

I can't pick a favourite P&O ship as we've loved them them all so far with Azura to come in 3 weeks' time:D.

We've been cruising as a family since our daughter was 2 (she's nearly 11 now) and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Debbie:)

My personal favourite is Artemis. I have sailed on them all (except Azura), but nothing can beat the intimate atmosphere and personal service you get on the smaller ships IMO. For me, Adonia is no replacement, as she lacks a proper wrap around prom. deck and much of her decking is plastic! I love the feel of warm teak decks under bare feet!

For those wanting photos, I too have albums of all the P&O (and Cunard) ships (except Azura) here.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sharonp40

Here are some photos of the lovely Aurora, I will be on her again in a few weeks for a weekender and can't wait to see her again:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/AuroraWeekenderCruiseDec06#5088430251104934082

Have you children? When you ask about families onboard?

Enjoy researching, but all the ships are lovely, I would of loved to have done a cruise on Artemis, but its not to be now as she leaves soon.

Enjoy Queen Elizabeth Maiden ships cat, can't wait to see your photos.:)

Here are some photos of the lovely Aurora, I will be on her again in a few weeks for a weekender and can't wait to see her again:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/AuroraWeekenderCruiseDec06#5088430251104934082

Have you children? When you ask about families onboard?

Enjoy researching, but all the ships are lovely, I would of loved to have done a cruise on Artemis, but its not to be now as she leaves soon.

Enjoy Queen Elizabeth Maiden ships cat, can't wait to see your photos.:)

Thanks for the photos, She looks amazing!

Yes we have 2 kids, boy who is 6 and a girl who is 2 next month.

I very much enjoy researching, its kind of part of the holiday.

Hi

We did the 3 week Caribbean cruise on Aurora in 2008 and had a fab time. Our daughter was one of 38 children onboard and they really bonded as a group.

I can't pick a favourite P&O ship as we've loved them them all so far with Azura to come in 3 weeks' time:D.

We've been cruising as a family since our daughter was 2 (she's nearly 11 now) and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Did you find the 4 sea days ok? Just a little concerned that if we are unlucky with the weather that we will get stuck for things to do.

Would you do this cruise again?

Thanks john

Sea days are the best!

I remember thinking what on earth would we do with so many days at sea before we went on our first cruise. No problem! The days just aren't long enough!

Aurora and Oriana are my favourites so far, but your cruise is not all down to the ship - it's the atmosphere created by people.

Our second cruise was so full of bad mannered old fogeys - I told my husband I didn't want to cruise ever again!

It was like childbirth - I got over it and forgot all the bad stuff.

I am now a cruiseaholic!!!

If that had been our first cruise, we probably wouldn't've booked another one!

Caryl

Did you find the 4 sea days ok? Just a little concerned that if we are unlucky with the weather that we will get stuck for things to do.

Would you do this cruise again?

Thanks john

Hi John

We did the cruise in November so the first couple of days were a bit chilly but Aurora has got a covered pool so the kids were still able to have a swim. We found the sea days OK and were never stuck for anything to do, even if that just meant chilling out. As you'll already know from Ventura the Youth Crew are brilliant so the kids will have plenty to do.

At that time it was the best cruise we'd done and we went back to the Caribbean (amongst other places) on Oriana's 5 week cruise in February this year.

Go for it!

Thanks for all your advise, Think we are going to go for this one :) Just hope it falls in the school holidays like it has for 2011.

Dose any one know what dates they become available to veiw/on sale? (2012)

I must admit i am getting the BUG for cruiseing! Our first cruise on the sea princess wasen't really the best cruise for us, wasen't to many people around our age on there, But we are the people to make the most of things so we did have a great holiday. We diden't look into the ship or the ports of call, suppose we was a little silly and lazy! But no regrets as at the time was our best holiday to date.

Thanks John

Hi John

The 2012 brochure should come out in March/April next year.

I look forward to it! It will be our first visit to the caribbean and we are very excited about it :D

Just been reading reviews on the aurora, can't seem to find to many on there with children, I like to no they will have a fantastic time, if they will then so will we!

Just like to say thanks for everyone's advice, seems a very freindly forum! :)

I look forward to it! It will be our first visit to the caribbean and we are very excited about it :D

Just been reading reviews on the aurora, can't seem to find to many on there with children, I like to no they will have a fantastic time, if they will then so will we!

Just like to say thanks for everyone's advice, seems a very freindly forum! :)

John

We've been on Aurora a few times with our daughter (she was 3 the first time) and she's had a blast every single time. The Youth Crew are brilliant with the children and there are so many different activities and parties to keep them entertained that they can't wait to go back into the club.

Archived