Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Wow I've been enjoying this review soooo much! I've been making my hubby reading in and Hope he will plan something as romantic as you did for tracey! You have such a beautiful family! Has any one ever told you , you look like Micheal Symon from the food network except more handsome!

michael_symon-595x372.jpg

s_Michael%20Symon01.jpg

Edited by mariamherrera

I believe the towel animal is the "tail end" of a monkey that is looking for something under the edge of the sheet.

At least that is what we had left for us on one of our cruises, if you notice there are no little paper eyes or other facial marks on the towel animal.

By the way, great review & great story!

Edited by scorp111

I so want to know what it is.... The long neck I think it is the lochness monster..... Might be out there in left field but I was hoping someone by now would say they has the same towel animal and asked...........LOL

Love the review...

Thanks ammoore36, I'll add it to the list.

What are we all going to rush home to read when you are finished with your review, lol. As I said previously, you are one of a kind. DH & I loved the Valor & I am looking forward to your Freedom review since we will be cruising on her in January. Want to wish your lovely wife, Tracy, the very best of luck in her new venture. How wonderful for Tracy to be able to see her professional dream come true & also for having such a supportive husband. Keep the review coming.

Thanks, I'm also looking forward to the Freedom review. I believe I took my best photographs during that cruise.

Waiting, waiting. nope, darn it.

Sorry Naiomi John , since starting this review I haven't had much time with Tracy and last night after work we went out with Rick and Nathalie. At the moment I'm on my lunch break and I promise that I will get to the renewal by tonight.

Mike - Grass doesn't grow on a busy street:D,,,,,from someone with much the same hairstyle(?) as you

And you've been busy.....love the Review and thanks for sharing

Jim (in case you thought it was Dee:) )

Thanks Jim

WHAT???!!!!!! No more???!! oh my~ I am awaiting the Freedom review..lol..I think it took me an hour to view the review up until this part, it is wonderful! I want/need more plllllllllllllease:rolleyes:

Thank you, the Freedom review will commence on Sunday, I hope.:D

I believe the towel animal is the "tail end" of a monkey that is looking for something under the edge of the sheet.

At least that is what we had left for us on one of our cruises, if you notice there are no little paper eyes or other facial marks on the towel animal.

By the way, great review & great story!

Wow, quite an imagination but who knows. Unless we can get a definite answer from someone who has a Carnival towel booklet maybe I'll get Tracy to declare the winner of 'name that creature contest'. :D

Thanks

Wow I've been enjoying this review soooo much! I've been making my hubby reading in and Hope he will plan something as romantic as you did for tracey! You have such a beautiful family! Has any one ever told you , you look like Micheal Symon from the food network except more handsome!

michael_symon-595x372.jpg

s_Michael%20Symon01.jpg

Thank you mariamherrera, good luck with your plan. Micheal Symon, No. The only people I have been told that I resemble is :

For the people old enough actor Yul Brynner

is?ZKQYgJyjI5bAkBHwZ1qVDNTPhN3Zi3ccgtMWEofXjgI

Actor John M. Jackson, Jag

[/url]

91efdd72.jpg

??

030.jpg

I just dug out my copy of Carnival Towel Creatures which my room steward was kind enough to "sneak" to me.

It has to be the elusive Carnivaloptipus because it's not in here. It has the front of the dinosaur and the back of the sea turtle.

It is so much fun reading this review! And yes, you are all beautiful people...please tell Nathalie I think she is quite stunning too.

What a blast it would be to cruise 4x with my family. I'm still trying to convince DH to bring the kids on one!

The afternoon was spent packing, doing laundry and getting ready for the renewal.

The reception took place in the Betsy Ross Room, Atlantic Deck, next to the Lincoln Dining Room. All nine of us arrived at 3:55 p.m. Present in the room were Captain Piertuigi Barille, group coordinator Maserame, photographer Andrew and a server.

Maserame introduced us to the Captain, I was glad that he did not have a strong Italian accent, I was dreading having difficulty repeating my vows. Unfortunately the Captain could not stay for very long because he had to attend the Fun Farewell Celebration at 4:30 p.m. with his officers. The ceremony started within 5 minutes of getting there.

Tracy looked very beautiful in the dress I had envisioned her wearing and eventually helped to pick out. It’s unfortunate that what the photographs do not show, was that it was an open back dress.

Tracy loves to have everyone color coordinated for photographs. Mitchel and Grampy were wearing white. I was wearing black with a white shirt and I had insisted that we get a nice long black dress for Arielle ( she likes her dresses short), that only left Nanny and she had brought a nice black outfit.

The ceremony started with Grampy walking Tracy down the aisle accompanied by music to where Mitchel, Arielle and I were standing, in front of the Captain.

It was funny when she told him " I bet you never thought you’d be walking me down the aisle again, especially to the same man, hey Dad?".

002_2.jpg

After we exchanged our vows, I took the ring from inside a rose petal that Mitchel was proudly holding and placed it on her finger. Arielle and Grampy were crying. Believe it or not but Tracy and Mitchel swears that the Captain shed a few tears during the ceremony. At one point I got emotional saying my vows (choked up) but I got through it. Tracy always says that I’m a big softy like her dad.

001_1.jpg

Cruising2010358-1-1.jpg

Then we watched with pride as Arielle and Mitchel signed our renewal of marriage vows certificate. Following this was photographs with the captain and the cutting of the cake.

Cruising2010361-1-1.jpg

Cruising2010360-1-1.jpg

044-1-1.jpg

Grampy proposed a champagne toast. The kids were delighted that they were also given champagne with all the parents permission.

Cruising2010370-1.jpg

Cruising2010372-1.jpg

Have some cake

Cruising2010364.jpg

Cruising2010365-1.jpg

Cruising2010359-1.jpg

Men in white

Cruising2010367-1.jpg

A lot more to come

It was a moving experience for all of us. Having family and friends present made it that more special. I wish my parents could have been there but alas my father cannot travel anymore. Since we arrived back home Mitchel has been proudly telling everyone that he was my best man.

Cruising2010368-1.jpg

Cruising2010366.jpg

Cruising2010369.jpg

006_6.jpg

It is so much fun reading this review! And yes, you are all beautiful people...please tell Nathalie I think she is quite stunning too.

What a blast it would be to cruise 4x with my family. I'm still trying to convince DH to bring the kids on one!

Thank you very much, We will tell Nathalie.

After the ceremony, Andrew the photographer brought us to several locations around the ship. I had instructed him to pick 3 of his favorite locations and Tracy and I would also pick a few where we thought would make good photographs.

004_4.jpg

Cruising2010380-1-1-1.jpg

Cruising2010381-1.jpg

Cruising2010382-1.jpg

Be advised that through my research the photographs can take about an hour and cost up to $1200 or more if you buy the whole package. I didn’t want to waste his time or ours since I budgeted only so much for photographs.

We met with Andrew the next night and were quite pleased with his collection of photographs. We purchased what we could afford. I’m sorry now that we did not have more and sometimes better photographs for ourselves and all of you who have followed my review. The photos posted here are a collection of scanned photos from the ones we purchased, photos Rick took with my camera and photos from Grampy’s camera.

More coming

Even had me a bit teary...

A wonderful story, long awaited.

All of you look wonderful - and there is one picture where you have a bit of a view of the back of Tracy's dress (second picture in post #640). Wow!

Congratulations!

Edited by Payd

Beautiful ceremony! Our oldest son was married on the Dream this summer with most of our family in attendance. My DH has always said that our job as parents is to be "memory makers". I think you created some wonderful memories for your children!