Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

It depends on time of day, or if you are in port (easy) or a sea day (hard). Some people spend the night in these. I was up at 3.30 a.m one night looking for my naughty daughter, who missed her curfew :mad: and a few of these round chairs were taken. If your wondering I found her by the pool with some friends.

I am traveling with a 16 (Junior) and 17 (Senior) year old next month!!!!! I was wondering on if I should have a curfew? and what time to give them until!?!?! What time were your kids curfew? Your kids are a bit younger than mine, but still what is there to do after 1am???? Don't know what to do on this!

We have a joining rooms with them for the first time! My husband and I have a balcony room and they have an inside! NOT all ships have this, but the Spirit class does! Will be interesting to see if I like it! Will be nice if they want to come to my room from their room and not have to open the door for them! We can just leave the joining room doors open when they are allowed over to our room! I figured we will close them when we want privacy!!! ;) BUT would be nice if I want to check on them too!!!!:) Make sure they are in bed, like at 3:30am!!!!

Also I could see myself wanting to sleep in one of those comfy chairs with hubby if we had an inside room! Specially on a warm caribbean night, how nice that would be! Love being up deck at night when it is warm out and looking up at the stars!!!!!! NOTHING LIKE IT!!!!! Being surrounded by caribbean water and no land to be seen!!!! :D

Wow Freedom looks beautiful !

and..thanks for the wonderful pictures of beautiful Florida....!!

I have lived here for years but I still get a thrill from the beauty

here, the palm trees, the beaches,the intercoastal, the boats and yachts,

skyline, sunrise, sunset.... how lovely it is

thanks again

We've been on the Imagination and the Destiny. And we sail on the Valor over Christmas (can't wait, especially after your review). After seeing these opening pictures of the Freedom, it looks like we're definitely going to have to try a do a cruise on her! She looks beuatiful! I thought the Serenity area on the Imagination was nice, but this one is beuatiful! Looking forward to the rest of your review!

Charlene

Thank you Charlene

I love this review...It has been a great read. Your pictures are amazing. Thanks for sharing with all of here on Cruise Critic. We sailed the Valor last year and plan on sailing on her again next July. We love that ship. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and posting all these pictures. You should get an award for this one!

Thank you, I've had a lot of fun doing it, especially with all the nice responses, such as yours.

You take such AWESOME pictures!!!!!! :D

Lovin the Freedom review! We were on the Freedom in 2008, same itinerary! LOVED IT!!!

We are sailing the Miracle out of Ft Lauderdale Nov 19, I posted your picture leaving Ft Lauderdale as my wallpaper! LOVE it! GOT me so EXCITED!

Looking forward to the rest!!!! ;)

We could not keep our divider open the whole time with our friends due to it blocking our door!!! :(

BUT we figured out how to open it up on our own! IT was easy and light weight! I believe we just used the end of our friends brush!

LOVE BALCONY rooms!!!! They are the best!!!!

Thank you AngelKappie. Balconies are definitely the best.:)

Edited by MikeyA53

I am traveling with a 16 (Junior) and 17 (Senior) year old next month!!!!! I was wondering on if I should have a curfew? and what time to give them until!?!?! What time were your kids curfew?

Usually 1:00 a.m since most O2 activities end at that time.

Your kids are a bit younger than mine, but still what is there to do after 1am???? Don't know what to do on this!

We have a joining rooms with them for the first time! My husband and I have a balcony room and they have an inside! NOT all ships have this, but the Spirit class does! Will be interesting to see if I like it! Will be nice if they want to come to my room from their room and not have to open the door for them! We can just leave the joining room doors open when they are allowed over to our room! I figured we will close them when we want privacy!!! ;) BUT would be nice if I want to check on them too!!!!:) Make sure they are in bed, like at 3:30am!!!!

Also I could see myself wanting to sleep in one of those comfy chairs with hubby if we had an inside room! Specially on a warm caribbean night, how nice that would be! Love being up deck at night when it is warm out and looking up at the stars!!!!!! NOTHING LIKE IT!!!!! Being surrounded by caribbean water and no land to be seen!!!! :D

So would I, next chance we get, Tracy and I will be gazing at the stars in one of those chairs.

Has Freedom had the Serenity since the ship was built??? When we were on the ship in 2008 I do not remember any where on the ship that was for Adults only! Well the pool area, which is funny due to the pizza being there! And who likes pizza??? KIDS!!!!!!

They must of added that after we sailed the Freedom! I would of really enjoyed that!!!

I wondered the same thing too as we were on the Freedom April 2008 and I don't recall seeing that adult only section. I too would have loved it.

Bevie

Wow Freedom looks beautiful !

and..thanks for the wonderful pictures of beautiful Florida....!!

I have lived here for years but I still get a thrill from the beauty

here, the palm trees, the beaches,the intercoastal, the boats and yachts,

skyline, sunrise, sunset.... how lovely it is

thanks again

Thank you sharecruises

What a marvelous review - better than some novels on the bookshelves! Reading has made me feel as if I were right on board with all of you. Your family is making so many wonderful memories. It is so refreshing to see that there are still loving families and caring people on the planet. Thank you for renewing our belief that man/woman is basically good.

Looking forward to our next cruise - our 1st b2b - hope to make these kind of memories....

I am traveling with a 16 (Junior) and 17 (Senior) year old next month!!!!! I was wondering on if I should have a curfew? and what time to give them until!?!?! What time were your kids curfew? Your kids are a bit younger than mine, but still what is there to do after 1am???? Don't know what to do on this! :D

LOL..I haven't seen 16 and 17 for about 30 years but I do remember not needing 'something to do' to have a good time. :)

Monday, Sept 6th : Key West ( Arrival 8:00 a.m - departure 5:00 p.m)

Got up early to photograph the sunrise as we were approaching Key West. Then it was off to the Gym. Grampy joined us for a workout. Afterward Tracy joined her parents on the Lido Deck for breakfast while I ordered room service. It was delivered in less than 15 minutes. Good service.

Cruising2010359.jpg

Cruising2010360.jpg

Cruising2010362.jpg

Cruising2010361.jpg

Cruising2010363.jpg

We were happy to be docking downtown, near Mallory Square. On the Destiny and Imagination we docked at the naval base and that meant being shuttle to town.

Cruising2010364.jpg

What a marvelous review - better than some novels on the bookshelves! Reading has made me feel as if I were right on board with all of you. Your family is making so many wonderful memories. It is so refreshing to see that there are still loving families and caring people on the planet. Thank you for renewing our belief that man/woman is basically good.

Looking forward to our next cruise - our 1st b2b - hope to make these kind of memories....

Wow, all I can say is thank you. The best of luck on your 1st b2b.

We disembarked with Peter and Rosemary. The kids stayed in bed. In every port we gave them one wake up call, if they were not out of bed within 15 minutes, it was adios. Sometimes they would get mad at us when we got back, we would smile and just ignore their complaints.

Cruising2010365.jpg

Cruising2010366.jpg

Cruising2010367.jpg

On our way to Malory Square we came across a Banyan Tree. We had seen them on our two previous visits to Key West, but only from a distance, as we were being shuttle into town.

For us Canadians on the east coast, to be up close to such a gigantic tree is amazing. Our native trees only grow to a fraction of these giants.

Cruising2010368.jpg

Cruising2010369.jpg

Cruising2010370.jpg

''We disembarked with Peter and Rosemary. The kids stayed in bed. In every port we gave them one wake up call, if they were not out of bed within 15 minutes, it was adios. Sometimes they would get mad at us when we got back, we would smile and just ignore their complaints.''

LOL I have a 21 yr old and it is the same thing here, trying to get him out of bed for something important or something we would like him to do with us is crazy. So i go the time change thing, if we need him up at 9 we tell him 8 and low and behold he crawls out of bed by 8 45. It works

We will see how this vacation to Cuba works this year at christmas, how early he crawls out of bed, no lets see how early he goes to bed. i foresee 3: 30 in morning.

yes and we just smile, do what we need and laugh. See its the same all over.

Pictures from KW look great and once again thank you for all your hard work on this review. PS are you on count down now till next cruise. 29 days for me. :)

Here at work catching up on your thread, shhh don't tell anybody ;)

Don't you know that can trust everyone on CC.:rolleyes:

and the latest pics are amazing! Thoroughly enjoying your review!

Thanks adamsfly.