Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Serenity Adult-Only Retreat. This kids-free oasis is one area where Freedom clearly has an edge over Valor, Destiny and Imagination.

How nice!! My Hubby and I will be spending ALOT of time here! :D

How hard was it to get one of the round chairs?

I saw on another post that they were always taken.:confused:

Your review and photos are great but I'm wondering now if I somehow missed the part about Key West or haven't you gotten to it yet? If I missed it, what page is it on? Leaving Sat on the Freedom!

I'm still on the first day of the Freedom cruise, Key West was on the second day. We also visited Key West on our Destiny and Imagination cruise which has been already covered in this review.

Mike & Tracy,

I just came across your review today, I have read every one of your posts and every reply, I started about 3.5 hours ago. I loved the pictures, loved the story, loved the kids, loved the grammy and grandpa, I have done back to back on destiny when she was brand new, sailed on valor several times, but never Freedom, she looks fab. Its making me hungry, wanting to cruise, romantic,wanting to go the gym more,I have taken out photos of cruises with my children from cruises from infants up, they are now 28,25, and 15. It brings back wonderful memories, just as this one will for you. Once we sailed when we only had two for a b2b Christmas and New Years, Before 9/11 we carted two big suit cases full of packed presents, ordered a tree for our room,they learned to roller skate with our room attendants in the halls,when we had a third we brought him on at eight months and all the waiters would take turns carrying him around while so we could have dinner without hm fusing. The kids talk about all these memories all the time. My favorite photo is of your two children at dinner. I haven't done any work this afternoon but its been a very fulfilling day reading this review. Thanks for all your time and effort into making us all think back and look forward to happy times like this one.:):):):):)

Serenity Adult-Only Retreat. This kids-free oasis is one area where Freedom clearly has an edge over Valor, Destiny and Imagination.

How nice!! My Hubby and I will be spending ALOT of time here! :D

How hard was it to get one of the round chairs?

I saw on another post that they were always taken.:confused:

It depends on time of day, or if you are in port (easy) or a sea day (hard). Some people spend the night in these. I was up at 3.30 a.m one night looking for my naughty daughter, who missed her curfew :mad: and a few of these round chairs were taken. If your wondering I found her by the pool with some friends.

Mike ~ I have been following your review since the beginning an love it. I was wondering if you could put up some pictures of the balcony with the divider open. I have heard that the view for one of the rooms is blocked when it's open and I was just wanting to see what it looked like. We'll be on the Freedom in 108 days and I can't wait!

I'm still on the first day of the Freedom cruise, Key West was on the second day. We also visited Key West on our Destiny and Imagination cruise which has been already covered in this review.

Oh, that's right...but that was so long ago...:D...plus you probably did different things in KW on this leg of this trip...still anxious to read!

Earlier I posted photos of Camp Carnival, Sun Deck (10) and I forgot to add the kiddie pool which is situated outside Camp Carnival.

Cruising2010317.jpg

Next: Sail Away

Edited by MikeyA53

We spent the afternoon relaxing in the sun until it was time (3:30 p.m) for the safety briefing (muster). Sail away was at approximately 4:30 p.m. We were anxious to leave from a different port since the last three cruises were from Miami.

Sail Away

Cruising2010331.jpg

Cruising2010332.jpg

Cruising2010333.jpg

Cruising2010334.jpg

Cruising2010335.jpg

Cruising2010336.jpg

More coming

It depends on time of day, or if you are in port (easy) or a sea day (hard). Some people spend the night in these. I was up at 3.30 a.m one night looking for my naughty daughter, who missed her curfew :mad: and a few of these round chairs were taken. If your wondering I found her by the pool with some friends.

LOL!! It probably wasn't too funny then, but maybe you can laugh a little about it now...:o

We've been on the Imagination and the Destiny. And we sail on the Valor over Christmas (can't wait, especially after your review). After seeing these opening pictures of the Freedom, it looks like we're definitely going to have to try a do a cruise on her! She looks beuatiful! I thought the Serenity area on the Imagination was nice, but this one is beuatiful! Looking forward to the rest of your review!

Charlene

I love this review...It has been a great read. Your pictures are amazing. Thanks for sharing with all of here on Cruise Critic. We sailed the Valor last year and plan on sailing on her again next July. We love that ship. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and posting all these pictures. You should get an award for this one!

LOL!! It probably wasn't too funny then, but maybe you can laugh a little about it now...:o

there must be a name for those nights. We've experienced same issue. Have found DS(17) sitting always with group of fellow teens on helipad talking, in Cigar bar talking and only once logical are area of pizza station. Yes, they can drive you crazy. Amazing on a ship where they can really figure out to go--lucky you explore ship Mike!

I bet she was equally surprised to see you at 3:30AM!

I always loved the looks of panic on their faces when they look up and see you! Our boys had a few of those "moments ";)

Mike & Tracy,

I just came across your review today, I have read every one of your posts and every reply, I started about 3.5 hours ago. I loved the pictures, loved the story, loved the kids, loved the grammy and grandpa, I have done back to back on destiny when she was brand new, sailed on valor several times, but never Freedom, she looks fab. Its making me hungry, wanting to cruise, romantic,wanting to go the gym more,I have taken out photos of cruises with my children from cruises from infants up, they are now 28,25, and 15. It brings back wonderful memories, just as this one will for you. Once we sailed when we only had two for a b2b Christmas and New Years, Before 9/11 we carted two big suit cases full of packed presents, ordered a tree for our room,they learned to roller skate with our room attendants in the halls,when we had a third we brought him on at eight months and all the waiters would take turns carrying him around while so we could have dinner without hm fusing. The kids talk about all these memories all the time. My favorite photo is of your two children at dinner. I haven't done any work this afternoon but its been a very fulfilling day reading this review. Thanks for all your time and effort into making us all think back and look forward to happy times like this one.:):):):):)

Thank you for reading my review and thank you for all your nice comments.

All I can say as I read about the tree in your room, rollerskating and the waiters taking care of your baby. WOW, :eek: definitely moments anyone would remember for a lifetime.

Mike ~ I have been following your review since the beginning an love it. I was wondering if you could put up some pictures of the balcony with the divider open. I have heard that the view for one of the rooms is blocked when it's open and I was just wanting to see what it looked like. We'll be on the Freedom in 108 days and I can't wait!

I will have one photo coming up soon, that shows it partially. The partition covers approximately 1/3 of the window if I remember correctly. If I'm wrong please someone correct me and better yet post a photo.

I will have one photo coming up soon, that shows it partially. The partition covers approximately 1/3 of the window if I remember correctly. If I'm wrong please someone correct me and better yet post a photo.

We have sailed a lot of Carnival ships and almost all have same system- the divider is unlocked with special star key (via request through guest relations) and it then swings back and is hooked. From my observation it swings from bow towards back (must be for wind/aerondynamic design) so thus it blocks cabin window about 3/4 of glass "behind" it- the window it blocks is usually by the chair or end of couch in cabin. Never really notice as most of time curtain covers anyhow.

Only one ship had a different system and divider sort of bifolded and was hooked to railing via a "boot"- a special locking mechanical device like when a car is locked for illegal parking. Odd way to say the least.

Our luggage arrived at about 5:00 p.m. Giving us just enough time to get changed and keep our pre-arranged dining time of 6:00 p.m, like we had on the Valor. We had 'Your Time dining' again. We dined in the Chic Dining Room, upper level.

Our Team Head Waiter was Dennis from the Philippines, our Head Waiter was Cesar from Panama and our Assistant Waiter was Carlo, also from the Philippines.

We had a nice long chat with Dennis, he was interested in knowing when and where we had cruised previously. We also got to know where he was from and the ships he had worked on.

Carlo did most of the serving that night and all week long. Very pleasant fellow, always a big smile. He always did a little extra that other waiters did not like bringing a warm towel for Mitchel and I after we finished eating our BBQ ribs and bringing two scoops of ice cream with everyone’s warm chocolate melting cake, etc.

Nanny and Tracy are big Disney cartoon buffs. So after dinner it was off to the Lido Deck to watch ‘The Princess & The Frog’ on the big screen.

Cruising2010351.jpg

Cruising2010352.jpg

Afterwards it was time to make our way to the Victoriana Lounge for the ‘Welcome Aboard Show’ with cruise director Ryan Frizgerald. Always a good show.

The show is about to begin.

Cruising2010354.jpg

To end the night we lounged on our balconies. Tomorrow, Key West.

Someone is very tired.

Cruising2010357.jpg

In this photo you can see how the partition partialy blocks the window.

Cruising2010358.jpg

You take such AWESOME pictures!!!!!! :D

Lovin the Freedom review! We were on the Freedom in 2008, same itinerary! LOVED IT!!!

We are sailing the Miracle out of Ft Lauderdale Nov 19, I posted your picture leaving Ft Lauderdale as my wallpaper! LOVE it! GOT me so EXCITED!

Looking forward to the rest!!!! ;)

We could not keep our divider open the whole time with our friends due to it blocking our door!!! :(

BUT we figured out how to open it up on our own! IT was easy and light weight! I believe we just used the end of our friends brush!

LOVE BALCONY rooms!!!! They are the best!!!!

Cruising2010313.jpg

Cruising2010309.jpg

Cruising2010310.jpg

Cruising2010312.jpg

Cruising2010314.jpg

Has Freedom had the Serenity since the ship was built??? When we were on the ship in 2008 I do not remember any where on the ship that was for Adults only! Well the pool area, which is funny due to the pizza being there! And who likes pizza??? KIDS!!!!!!

They must of added that after we sailed the Freedom! I would of really enjoyed that!!!