Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

I've read both reviews and I wanted to thank you again for bringing me on such a wonderful adventure. Hope to see another one of your adventures soon. :)

Thank you DMA4, I hope we do get to go on another adventure sooner than later also. :D

This is absolutely the best review I have seen, it really is hard to stop reading, having more & more cruisin withdrawl with every page..LOL...I have been on the Imagination & the Freedom. Absolutely loved the Freedom...Would love a b2b2. Think I'll speak to my hubby about that.

Thank you Goldie1229, glad your enjoying it. Mike

I thought I was the only wife who was proposed to that way....I mention it to my husband every once in while also. We threw together a quick wedding, not exactly what a girl dreams of. Need to have him read Mike's review....so he will get right. Being really proposed to in my favorite place (Cruise vacation) would be terrific. My name is Tracy too...a lot of similarities..maybe he would take the HINT....LOL.

Unfortunately there's probably a lot of us guys out there, Good luck with your hubby, Tracy.:D

Thanks for the wonderful reviews. I've read both from start to finish.

I will be on the Liberty in less than 2 weeks time, i fly out of Australia during the week and have a cpl of days on the west coast before flying to Florida. Hope i have half as good a time as u guys did.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the wonderful reviews. I've read both from start to finish.

I will be on the Liberty in less than 2 weeks time, i fly out of Australia during the week and have a cpl of days on the west coast before flying to Florida. Hope i have half as good a time as u guys did.

Thanks again.

Thank you ozzie_daz, hope you have a great vacation. Mike :)

Background info: Mike (55), occupation- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Mountie), Tracy (37) Paramedic, formerly from Wales, U.K Arielle (15) and Mitchel (14). With lots and lots of overtime and over 5 weeks of vacation time we are fortunate enough to be able to take a month off each year. In 2006, 2007, 2009 we spent a month in Florida doing the Disney, Universal, beach etc. In 2008 we spent a month in Wales, UK visiting Tracy’s family. Introduced to cruising last year, We did 4 day cruise on Carnival Sensation. Everybody loved it so much we decided to skip the amusement parks and beach and simply cruise for most of the month. Aug 19th Destiny, Aug 23rd Imagination, 2 days off, Aug 29th Valor, Sept 5th Freedom.

I took well over a thousand photos, therefore this review will have a lot of photos.

Highlights: Chef’s table (Imagination), surprised my wife by proposing to her again with a new ring since she had her’s stolen years ago (Valor), renewed our vows (Valor), Scarlett’s Steakhouse (Valor), Sun King Steakhouse (Freedom), Snorkeling and Paradise Beach (Cozumel), Seven Mile Beach (Grand Cayman), Mahogany Beach (Roatan) private tour (Ocho Rios).

Pre-cruise: We left New Brunswick, Canada on Aug 14th and traveled to Andover, MA. We stayed two nights at the Staybridge Suites, $54.21 per night through Priceline in a studio room with king size bed, full kitchen, free hot breakfast, free wireless internet, free parking. The only negative was the sofa bed, it was so terrible that the kids slept on the sofa cushions rather than the thin, springy mattress.

Cruising2010427-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010423-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010420-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010421-Copy.jpg

On Aug 16th we drove to Boston and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express through ParkSleepFly, $209.86 with 21 days of free parking.

Mike

Excellent reveiw on your B2B's.

My wife and I are going back on the Freedom this Fall (Oct. 2011) for the second time, we haven't been on the other ships you were on. Would you have any photos of them that you might be able to share.

Mike

Excellent reveiw on your B2B's.

My wife and I are going back on the Freedom this Fall (Oct. 2011) for the second time, we haven't been on the other ships you were on. Would you have any photos of them that you might be able to share.

Most of my photos are in my reviews. Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Great reviews you have on here! I love reading long, detailed reviews. I have a question I'm curious about. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in here yet. Is there a reason you took only Western Caribbean itineraries? No big deal, just thought it was a bit peculiar!

Edited by MissKIA

Tuesday, Aug 31th : Grand Cayman. (Arrival 7:00 a.m - departure 4:00 p.m)

We started the morning by going to the gym with Tracy’s parents. Rick, Nathalie and Nick went off on their own to do a dolphin excursion.

Cruising2010158.jpg

Cruising2010159.jpg

Cruising2010154-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010162.jpg

Well>>> I liked that bottom picture!! :) Good for all of you for sticking to your workout routine...I always have good intentions.....

Hi Mike, I just booked your Freedom itinerary for Aug. 7 this afternoon. I noticed there was an aft balcony available and snapped it up!:) Now I'll have to go read that part of your review again and pay closer attention.:D

Heather

Have a wonderful trip Heather. :):)

Mike,

How is Tracy doing with her training?

Tracy has completed 8 weeks out of 25 weeks. Very busy, very interesting as she puts it. Yesterday she had to do pepper spray (mace) training. Each cadet has to be sprayed in the face so that so that they know first hand, how it affects the body. She said it was the worst thing she ever experience. :eek:

Good Morning: I noticed recently that your kids had what I believe will be a room the same as we have booked on the Freedom. Ours is above it 8357. Anyway, I was wondering if they had a table. You cannot see it in the pictures.

Great reviews you have on here! I love reading long, detailed reviews. I have a question I'm curious about. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in here yet. Is there a reason you took only Western Caribbean itineraries? No big deal, just thought it was a bit peculiar!

In being able to fit 4 cruises in a row, a Eastern itinerary did not fit in our schedule. Our Pride cruise had only one itinerary at that time of year. We really want to experience a Eastern itinerary and you can bet our next cruise will be chosen based on such an itinerary. Mike

Good Morning: I noticed recently that your kids had what I believe will be a room the same as we have booked on the Freedom. Ours is above it 8357. Anyway, I was wondering if they had a table. You cannot see it in the pictures.

End table yes, coffee table no. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, great job Mike! I started reading your review of the Pride because we are getting ready to sail on her with my Wife's sister, her husband and two nieces. Your review was so great I had to read your b2b2b2b as well.

We have often talked about a b2b but have not been able to set aside the time. Now that my wife has seen how well it worked for you she is more intrigued about stacking multiple cruises than ever.

I hope you have enjoyed telling the tale as much as we have enjoyed reading it!

Tracy has completed 8 weeks out of 25 weeks. Very busy, very interesting as she puts it. Yesterday she had to do pepper spray (mace) training. Each cadet has to be sprayed in the face so that so that they know first hand, how it affects the body. She said it was the worst thing she ever experience. :eek:

Mike,

I wonder if that makes you think before you use it one someone? Thankfully they don't have you shot yourself to see how that feels.

I guess Tracy is almost halfway through her training. Do you get to visit her anytime soon?

Janice

Wow, great job Mike! I started reading your review of the Pride because we are getting ready to sail on her with my Wife's sister, her husband and two nieces. Your review was so great I had to read your b2b2b2b as well.

We have often talked about a b2b but have not been able to set aside the time. Now that my wife has seen how well it worked for you she is more intrigued about stacking multiple cruises than ever.

I hope you have enjoyed telling the tale as much as we have enjoyed reading it!

Thank you Miller_KC, and yes I enjoyed telling the tale, it's a great way to re-live the experience. Mike