Need Advice Please....

steveandjen

Hello. First off, I love this forums. Everyone is so helpful. So here is my situation. I have booked The Allure of the Seas for May of 2011. We cannot wait. The first question is; can we cancel this cruise and book through the WOW sale next week to get the OBC? (I think the answer is no from my readings) We are also going to be on the Mariner of the Seas in December. Once again, can't wait. Now, should the answer be no to the previous question, can I cancel that Allure cruise in May and when we are on board Mariner in December re-book the Allure cruise to receive the OBC for booking on board? We booked the Allure this far out just in case the price rises. Now, if the price does rise between now and December, which it very well might (already has by $20pp), cancelling and re-booking becomes pointless. So, in your mind does question 1 or question 2 apply?? Many thanks in advance.

Hello. First off, I love this forums. Everyone is so helpful. So here is my situation. I have booked The Allure of the Seas for May of 2011. We cannot wait. The first question is; can we cancel this cruise and book through the WOW sale next week to get the OBC? (I think the answer is no from my readings) The answer IS "no". We are also going to be on the Mariner of the Seas in December. Once again, can't wait. Now, should the answer be no to the previous question, can I cancel that Allure cruise in May and when we are on board Mariner in December re-book the Allure cruise to receive the OBC for booking on board? We booked the Allure this far out just in case the price rises. Now, if the price does rise between now and December, which it very well might (already has by $20pp), cancelling and re-booking becomes pointless. So, in your mind does question 1 or question 2 apply?? Many thanks in advance.

Prices for the Allure are already rising. I booked Allure while onboard the Oasis a month ago, and prices went up the following week. They have since gone up again.

That's a big gamble you are taking for relatively little gain.

Wow...tough question. I personally would think option #2 (cancelling & then booking onboard) is your best bet. They keep a sharp eye on people cancelling and then rebooking during the WOW sale. You do have that chance of the price going higher though, so it's really a gamble any way you look at it.

Prices for the Allure are already rising. I booked Allure while onboard the Oasis a month ago, and prices went up the following week. They have since gone up again.

That's a big gamble you are taking for relatively little gain.

Hey Merion Mom, thanks for responding! This is the reason we have already booked. We are guaranteed the rate we have right now. I am kind of hoping the price stays the same for the next 2.5 months. Once we get on Mariner in Dec, I wan just wondering... cancel the cruise and then re-book on board to receive the OBC/etc? Will they let you do that??

Hey Merion Mom, thanks for responding! This is the reason we have already booked. We are guaranteed the rate we have right now. I am kind of hoping the price stays the same for the next 2.5 months. Once we get on Mariner in Dec, I wan just wondering... cancel the cruise and then re-book on board to receive the OBC/etc? Will they let you do that??

Heck, just go ahead and book AGAIN on the same cruise, if you want, and cancel the first one when you get home!

Archived