R709 abd R615 Opinions? Good location or not so good?

vmom

We booked 2 guarantee balcony cabins and got R 709 and R615.

Opinions on this location? How much noise to you hear from the Caribe Cafe and Horizon Court Buffet above...particularly at breakfast time?

Should we see if its possible to switch to a lower deck? Or should we keep this location. I like that it is only one floor up to the buffet.

We booked 2 guarantee balcony cabins and got R 709 and R615.

Opinions on this location? How much noise to you hear from the Caribe Cafe and Horizon Court Buffet above...particularly at breakfast time?

Should we see if its possible to switch to a lower deck? Or should we keep this location. I like that it is only one floor up to the buffet.

What ship?

We really like the aft area of Riviera.

700's and 600's are in a great location to the aft doors to the Terrace Pool and like you said then up one deck to the HC. :D

We stayed in those areas because the HC is carpeted and not much noise at all. I would stay there. ;)

Hi VMOM! We booked a BG category for our cruise on the Ruby leaving October 31st and received R615. We have never been this high on a ship before. I have heard that this is a good location. When are you going? I'll be happy to post feedback when we return.

Thanks all for the feedback. We are on the Crown on 12/4. We are in R709 and our friends are in R615. This is our friends' first cruise and I really want them to have a fantastic time. I don't want their first cruise to be spoiled by a bad cabin location with alot of noise from above. You have all put my mind to rest.

My friends are a bit worried about too much ship movement, but I think the location will be fine unless we end up in rough seas. My husband and I don't have problems with motion. I think the stabilizers on the new ships work so much better than the old ships. I remember really feeling the motion on our first cruise on the RCCL's Song of America in the mid 80's.

Cruzintiger...If you remember when you get back, I'd love to know how you like the R615 location. Have a great cruise

• 1 month later...

Just returned from our cruise on the Ruby in cabin R615. We loved it! Very convenient to both the aft and midship elevators as well as close to the Terrace Pool and all the action on the Lido deck. We felt it was actually convenient to getting to anywhere on the ship. We never heard any noise from above even during busy meal times. The halls were also very quiet.

During our cruise we experienced a couple of rough days while avoiding hurricane Tomas. We felt very little movement and on calm days we felt no movement at all. We would definitely book this room again.

Archived