Do you have the use of a fridge if you do not use the mini bar?

The Floaties

Yes you can. We do that and put our own water or wine that we bring onboard. There is no problem. I would have the steward do it though so there is no mistake and you accidently get charged for one of the drinks. It's been known to happen.

On a recent Solstice cruise we asked our room steward to remove everything in the 'frig which he did without any problem. We then used it for cans of beer, water and the ice bucket.

Just ask, there should be no problem.

On a recent Solstice cruise we asked our room steward to remove everything in the 'frig which he did without any problem. We then used it for cans of beer, water and the ice bucket.

Just ask, there should be no problem.

That has been our experience in AQ, but I never tried it with beer. Did you buy the beer from Celebrity in some sort of a package deal?

Many passengers ask to have the minibar emptied the first day of the cruise.

I wish they would add a place to request this option in advance, just as we request bed arrangement and dining preference.

It would save many stewards so much time and work stocking, then emptying and later restocking all those minibars. It would also eliminate a lot of the erroneous minibar charges.

Is having your fridge stocked part of the "soda package" or is there an extra charge for that?

Great question. If we get the full premium beverage package can we drink the contents of the mini bar without an additional charge or is that for bars/dining rooms only?

Just as an aside, I just got off the Solstice and they locked up my fridge when they made up the room on the final night of the cruise and put anything we'd stored in there like fruit and soda on the counter. So don't count on storing stuff for disembarkation breakfast in there :(

Great question. If we get the full premium beverage package can we drink the contents of the mini bar without an additional charge or is that for bars/dining rooms only?

From Celebrity website:

Where can I enjoy my beverage package?

Your beverage packages (except for Stateroom Bar Setup and Riedel Wine Glass Comparative Workshop) can be enjoyed in any bar, restaurant or lounge onboard the ship. Additionally, you may enjoy the packages on our private island, Labadee. With the exception of the Stateroom Bar Setup, none of the packages can be used in your stateroom.

(red highlight is mine)

Archived