Late Departure from San Diego

Wanna_Cruize

We recently switched our upcoming cruise to the 4 day to Cabo from San Diego departing on Fri Oct 8th. I just noticed in our cruise docs that the ship doesn't depart from San Diego until 9pm, instead of the normal departure time of 4-5 pm. Apparently Spirit is gong to be coming from hawaii and docking in Ensenada @ 8am on Friday and then moving to San Diego to pick us up.

My question is has anyone experienced such a late departure before? I am assuming that we would be able to board around 4pm or so, instead of the regular time after 12:00 Would the have the MDR open for dinner at the regular seating times, or would food only be available on the Lido? Would they really do the muster at 10pm?

We recently switched our upcoming cruise to the 4 day to Cabo from San Diego departing on Fri Oct 8th. I just noticed in our cruise docs that the ship doesn't depart from San Diego until 9pm, instead of the normal departure time of 4-5 pm. Apparently Spirit is gong to be coming from hawaii and docking in Ensenada @ 8am on Friday and then moving to San Diego to pick us up.

My question is has anyone experienced such a late departure before? I am assuming that we would be able to board around 4pm or so, instead of the regular time after 12:00 Would the have the MDR open for dinner at the regular seating times, or would food only be available on the Lido? Would they really do the muster at 10pm?

Dining Room will be open & you would be seated at your reg. time..

Muster Drill will probably be held around 10am the next morning.

We booked a cruise that was like yours, just after a repo from Ensenada once & I think we boarded about 1:30-2:00 if memory serves me correctly.

Thanks for the info. We always try and get on board asap to maximize our cruise time so we will adjust accordingly. We are taking the coaster down and now I'm wondering how early we can drop off our luggage with the porters since I'm assuming their schedule isngoing to be adjusted also, since there are no other cruise ships scheduled that day. I'd rather not haul our luggage around downtownnif we decide to explore some before boarding.

Archived