Gatwick to Barbados flight departure time?

marylizcat

We haven't been given our flight details yet and I want to book the hotel at Gatwick for the night before. The question is whether or not there is any point in paying extra for breakfast at the hotel. Can anyone give me an approximate time that their own flight to Barbados is/was taking off? Then I will have a guesstimate for check-in time. I know it will be a.m., but early or late morning?

Sorry for bad answer there!

I wrongly assumed that it was morning.

We've always been lucky that it has been morning for us so we could arrive on cruise ship at a decent time.

Our flight from Man to Barbados in December leaves at 08.00hrs.

When's your cruise Marylizcat?

I have just looked at the Cruise personalizer and I see the flight details should be on there 17 weeks before, which is only a week away. So the best thing is to wait a week before booking the airport hotel. Thanks for your help both of you, though.

If you click on the travel summery button it should alreay have your flight times on there, it does with ours and we go in Feb. We go Thomas Cook from Manchester at 08.00. When we flew to Barbados last Nov it was 10.30. I would definatly follow the advice of eating at the airport, we didn't get any food till 1.30 ish and were all starving!

Yes, I tried again on the flight summary button and scrolled down to find the flight times were there after all. Very bad news - 8.25 am. So that's check-in by 5.25. Not sure I would have booked if I had known. Transatlantic flights are usually later.It means the return flight lands about 11pm Barbados time, so not really overnight and we are unlikely therefore to sleep. Anyway I booked the Hilton as it is a Thomas Cook flight.

That's true Lacey.

I eventually got my seats booked for 17th December (probs last night with cruise personaliser not working).

Until I saw a post on Roll Call , I hadn't realised it was time!!! We are with 2 friends and wanted to sit together. Not so good on the Thomas Cook planes -we had to take middle seats with friends in front and us behind them - quite near the back of the plane as all the good seats had gone.

You make sure you put the date to book on your calendar!

Caryl

Archived