Cat's Meow??

nicour

Does anyone know if the Cat's Meow is still open? We went on our last cruise 4 yrs. ago and loved it!

Sorry....Long gone.. They never reopened after Dean. Other places along the malecon and in Mahahual like Tropicante (a bit more Americanized and Steve's from Dallas), Casa Luna (husband/wife duo she's Italain), Tapas, 100% Agave( off the malecon but great seafood and killer margaritas and michaeleads from Don Fernando's one tequila), or the beach clubs like Nacional Beach Club ( Evan makes a margarita that rivals Don Fernado's), Tequila Beach, Pez Quadro, Nohoch Cay (Jaime used to have the excellent oasis in Playa del Carmen) can certainly take they place for food and drink.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We were so disappointed to find that Cat's Meow was gone when we were there last week. We truly enjoyed it there on our trips to majahual.

Beware of the "Coco Corona"...stuck us with a $4 tax to our bill and tried to overcharge us as well. Not a pleasant experience and we wish we could find a nice place there again as we will be visiting on the Radiance again over christmas.

Koz,

May I suggest you scan this board a bit and do some research on places in Majahual that don't "scam" you. The port area is growing rapidly and there'sa trinkle effect into the old Majahual (Mahahual now), but you can still wander around and find some nice spots.

Koz,

May I suggest you scan this board a bit and do some research on places in Majahual that don't "scam" you. The port area is growing rapidly and there'sa trinkle effect into the old Majahual (Mahahual now), but you can still wander around and find some nice spots.

I use the board extensively and most have valued opinions...as a very experienced cruiser I know not to let one bad experience stop future plans. I think it was more a matter of expectations. The economy and simply time produce an evolution in places that is sometimes a little too much. Our expectations were for the old majahual with the great prices and less "pier attitude"...

We may give it another try over our christmas cruise, but will not have the same expectation as we did and will try a couple of places people have recommended. The wheels are turning and we are discussing...

thanks for your response...

Archived