New Cruiser.....I'm so EXCITED!!!

cruisin'momof6

My first ever cruise leaves Oct 2 from New Orleans. I'm SO EXCITED! :D I don't know what to expect, other than something FANTASTIC!

Here's a question though.....We're stopping in Cozumel and Progreso? ..... any suggestions besides the ships excursions (did I even spell that right?:confused:)

No excursion necessary in Cozumel. Just grab a cab for Paradise Beach! We love that place. Great food & drinks; nice beach; fun water toys. It's just a fun day that we enjoy every time!

In Progreso we went to the Yucatan Beach Club with AutoProgreso - all inclusive resort. Fun day!

My first ever cruise leaves Oct 2 from New Orleans. I'm SO EXCITED! :D I don't know what to expect' date=' other than something FANTASTIC!

Here's a question though.....We're stopping in Cozumel and Progreso? ..... any suggestions besides the ships excursions (did I even spell that right?:confused:)[/quote']

Check out the Ports of Call area on this board.

PattyG12 is right... Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel is fantastic.. Great party time. The shopping was fun, we took a cab. The guys went snorkeling and had a ball.

Just like everyone says do the research and best of all have a great time!!! I remember my first cruise... I wish I knew about this board back then... So you are already ahead of the game!!!

Enjoy!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You will love New Orleans. Next to Galveston, New Orleans is a great pre-cruise city to visit. So lets start with NOLA;

there is The French Quarter, the Aquaramine, Adubon Zoo, the Riverwalk Mall to name a few. The jazz, the restaurant and the night life will have you coming back to New Orleans for a week at a time.

Cozumel has beaches, the Chankanaab Park, San Miguel, and lets not forget the shopping for unique Mexican handicrafts. The best place for these handicrafts is away from the main shopping strip in Cozumel in a small town called San Miguel which is a short taxi 10 minute ride on the other side of Cozumel.

Progresso has the Mayan ruins, a double decker tour bus (see photo below) and a not to miss craft market.

ProgresoSightseeingTour.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived