Odyssey/Sojourn/Quest Cabin 831

mikey47

I would be grateful for all those that can look at this deck plan, which is used in all the brochures, and say whether you think that 831 is going to be a bigger suite than the other V6s.

http://www.seabourn.com/Assets/Flash/odyssey/enlarge/Odeck.cfm?type=deck8

Please just use the deck plan. I'll let you know why later;~)

If you didn't know and all the other suites are shown identically, would you not think that the suite and balcony are both bigger? Is it not misleading, lazy or simply careless to show it like that?

I think people know that these plans are not to scale,the London underground map springs to mind and developers floor plans for houses,although it does not hurt to ask if you do not know.

As the more astute amongst you will be guessed this is all written in hind sight.

We have just returned from last weeks Athens to Istanbul cruise on Odyssey.

It was a great cruise with 2 Presidential highlights. However one thing niggled all holiday.

We booked the cruise June 09 on board Pride and wanted to try a balcony cabin on any deck. We noticed 831 appeared bigger than the others and this was confirmed by the Future Cruise rep Charles. So we booked 831 there and then on the basis that "it was bigger". No, not in writing!

On arrival at the ship and being shown to our suite it was obvious as soon as we walked in that it was exactly the same as the others. The balcony was however bigger by 2 feet.

All week via the Guest Services Manager Lynn we tried to get Seabourn to accept that the deck plan was wrong and could be misleading. In our case we would have booked a V5 suite saving some dollars.

All week we were fobbed off with no acceptance of the error or that it is misleading.

When we got home I got an email, with several typos, telling me to "take it up with Southampton".

Am I wrong in expecting a cruise line of Seabourns' reputation to correct such an error in future brochures?

Anyway I have told Lynn that we will not be cruising with Seabourn again. The new ships are too big and the small ones don't have balconies.

Best wishes to all.

ps photos of our destinations are at picasaweb in my signature.

Mickey,

I don't think that you can hold Seabourn accountable for this.layouts in brochures are not to be relied upon.However you do say that the balcony is two feet larger,is that width or depth?

You will find that every cruise lines deck plan is not correct in every detail.

It does sound as if the money that you have spent is the real issue here.

Now tell us about the important part,how did you enjoy the ship and the cruise.

Mickey,

I don't think that you can hold Seabourn accountable for this.layouts in brochures are not to be relied upon.However you do say that the balcony is two feet larger,is that width or depth?

You will find that every cruise lines deck plan is not correct in every detail.

It does sound as if the money that you have spent is the real issue here.

Now tell us about the important part,how did you enjoy the ship and the cruise.

We had #829 on our last cruise ( ie next door to 831).

The floor area for 831 is just the same as other V6 suites. Its verandah is slightly longer than other V6's.

We thought our suite was very well positioned.

Lord you totally misread me.

The financial aspect is peanuts compared to what we spent on this cruise!

As a professional engineer I hate inaccuracies and laziness. They cause confusion and misunderstandings. A draugthsman error of extending the correctly shown balcony thru the suite is hard to accept and I believe a business like Seabourn should not accept it either.

I hold Seabourn to account because their rep confirmed the sizing when we signed up for it.

The cruise was fine. The ship is a classy boutique hotel that moves. The crew are professional and always outgoing. When it comes to the crunch for us CS let them down.

Markham

No.

I just want them to change the deck plan to avoid confusion and disappointment to others.

As I said we don't intend to sail with them again so OBC is no use.

Sorry to hear you won't sail Seabourn again. May I point you to the thread on cabin size. A UK cruise agent is advertising completely misleading information in the Times, and perhaps other papers, about Legend. I have suggested booking through them, and then suing for misrepresentation!!;);)

Mikey47,

This is why, even if you book onboard, make sure you transfer your booking to a knowledgeable TA and then have him/her confirm anything that is of importance to you. Never rely on what any cruise line tells you because many employees know less than most of us here on these boards.

There may be many reasons not to sail with a cruise line again but this one imo is rather petty.

I have to agree with you on this one... Why would anyone think that a 20% larger suite would be the same price as any other V suite?? The old saying goes- "dont cut off your nose to spite your face..."

Host Dan

I have to agree with you on this one... Why would anyone think that a 20% larger suite would be the same price as any other V suite?? The old saying goes- "dont cut off your nose to spite your face..."

Host Dan

And in any event, this suite is particularly good value vis a vis other V6's as it has a larger balcony( verandah) and is the same price as other V6's.

Archived