Laundry on Oriana & Arcadia??

bazzaw

Could somebody kindly answer these questions for me please.

Top loading/front loading??

What type of detergent should be used? Is there a reason we should bring our own? (thinking about inconvenience of doing so )

Is there a cost to use the machines and how is this done?

Thanks

Barry

a) I don't know, I'm afraid;

B) whatever your clothes require..... as for detergents, I believe you can buy small packets somewhere on the ship - possibly in the launderettes, in fact - but a few cruises ago we bought a box of detergent tablets, and we're still working our way through them. We just pop two or three into our luggage;

C) all absolutely free: the washer, the tumble drier, and the ironing board + iron that's also available in the launderettes.

Sorry I can't remember Arcadia's laundry, but Oriana I am familiar with.

Top loading washers - FREE. Use liquid tabs,powder,liquid,whatever youprefer to use.

Just bring your own or you can buy from the shop onboard(a lot more expensive and no variety). The washer does not take very long (20 -30 mins or you can give it a quick 5 min wash then then the rinse and spin will be 10mins) but the driers take a long while (not efficient at all) therefore if the laundry room is busy you may have a while to wait for a drier after your washing is done.

Look at other laundries in the ship if the one on your deck is busy or go at lunchtime or early evening as it can be quieter then.

Hope that helps!

Caryl

Archived