Tampa? Oriana X101

tottoncruiser

Hi,

We have booked on the Oriana in January, the itinerary is scheduled to go to Tampa, but there is no information on P&O site for Tampa, neither is there any list of typical excursions for Tampa? has anyone ever been to Tampa with P&O?

Many Thanks,

Darren

Hi Darren

We were on X102 earlier this year (same itinerary as yours) and Tampa was dropped and replaced by Key West. Apparently there isn't enough clearance under the bridge on the way into Tampa for Oriana, so unless they've raised the bridge since last year (or we were told porkie pies:eek:) I guess Oriana won't be going there next year either.

Debbie:)

Hi Darren

We were on X102 earlier this year (same itinerary as yours) and Tampa was dropped and replaced by Key West. Apparently there isn't enough clearance under the bridge on the way into Tampa for Oriana, so unless they've raised the bridge since last year (or we were told porkie pies:eek:) I guess Oriana won't be going there next year either.

Maybe it depends on tides?

All I know is what we were told so can't comment on whether tides would make a difference. However, excursions for the other ports of call had already been released on the cruise personaliser and shortly afterwards we were informed of the changed itinerary. Princess Cays was also swapped out for Half Moon Cay.

Nevertheless it was a fabulous cruise and i'd love to be doing it all over again next year!

We have cruised out of Tampa on a ship larger than Oriana, but perhaps not as high. It is a nice port and you can go to the coast or theme parks or there is good shopping in the town. Our friends should have called earlier this year, we were to meet them, but they were taken to Key West instead!!

Archived