"...soon to be seven classes..."

When we were on the Solstice in June, as I walked around the ship taking pictures, it was obvious that the basic layout, before embellishments, was very similar to a big RCI ship (Freedom / Voyager classes). That basic hull and layout could easily be adopted to an RCI-styled ship. And the last of the 5 S class ships will roll out the door in 2012, with a length of 1120 feet or so. Just in time for the yard to get ready to build............

Thanks Steve! We were scheduled to do the inaugural, until we compared the prices.

So, we will take in all that we can on the two night. We were invited to the Oasis inaugural, but my DW was on the Radiance, and I was working.

We think that $3,000.00 for a 4 night balcony facing another balcony is out of control.

So, for half that amount, we will be enjoying the Radiance in a GS.

Well I won't dwell!

Rick

Right now, the 12/1 Allure sailing has ocean view balconies for $2098 and Central Park view balconies for $1,998.

Not sure where you are getting that $3,000 figure.

And that's before your D+ balcony discount.

:confused:

Right now, the 12/1 Allure sailing has ocean view balconies for $2098 and Central Park view balconies for $1,998.

Not sure where you are getting that $3,000 figure.

And that's before your D+ balcony discount.

:confused:

I believe Rick travels well;)

Mrs E. is doing so-so.:(

I didn't see Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Do you know where the Moose and Squirrel lounge is?

How do you use the internet, from the interactive television, in your room on the Oasis?

I never heard of it; I thought that you were kidding - that's why I made the joke about Rocky and Bullwinkle.

We couldn't use the internet from our interactive TV either, but Lorna's mini-laptop worked very well in the cabin.

How about two days and 4 tries to get someone to fix the room safe? And being lied to, blamed for the delays in getting it fixed, and being called rude by the concierge in the process of this and the television issues.:mad:

Or waiting until 11:30 on day 5 to get the interactive television repaired? This was after 17, (yes 17) different interactions with various crew members to get it fixed. :mad:

By the way, the TV was programmed for crew members, not guests. So I couldn't use the internet, book or change shows,excursions, restaurants, etc., or any of the nice things available on the interactive side of the TV until they fixed it. Missed out on some things we wanted to do. A two minute repair after someone finally listened, and got I.T. off their lazy asses to fix the issue.:mad:

How about the $50.00 refund for the BOGO coupons not refunded to me from an online booking? It was credited to someone else, and I was told it was up to me to track it down and get the refund. Never got it either.:mad:

Then there was the fruit fly infested cheese and moldy fruit plates in the concierge lounge, and bugs crawling in the salad dressing in the windjammer.:eek:

That kind of crew/staff "service" is UTTERLY unacceptable - and inexplicable.

We had a problem with our safe, too. I called, the person said that someone would be there within 20 minutes. He was there in 18 minutes, and it took him about 10 seconds to fix the safe.

I cannot imagine why they couldn't/wouldn't/didn't give you that same level of service.

TV misprogrammed - no excuse for this, either.

BOGO coupon mixup - we had the same situation; it was credited immediately.

Food issues - beyond inexcusable. ICK. Double ICK. QUINTUPLE ICK. I'm feeling sick to my stomach just reading your post.

Ricardo Mock. Many on CC have praised him as their favorite concierge. I just didn't see it. At all. Agree with you there, but we seem to be in the minority.

Good luck with your letter to Adam. I ASSUME that you are writing directly to AG?

I never heard of it; I thought that you were kidding - that's why I made the joke about Rocky and Bullwinkle.

We couldn't use the internet from our interactive TV either, but Lorna's mini-laptop worked very well in the cabin.

That kind of crew/staff "service" is UTTERLY unacceptable - and inexplicable.

We had a problem with our safe, too. I called, the person said that someone would be there within 20 minutes. He was there in 18 minutes, and it took him about 10 seconds to fix the safe.

I cannot imagine why they couldn't/wouldn't/didn't give you that same level of service.

TV misprogrammed - no excuse for this, either.

BOGO coupon mixup - we had the same situation; it was credited immediately.

Food issues - beyond inexcusable. ICK. Double ICK. QUINTUPLE ICK. I'm feeling sick to my stomach just reading your post.

Ricardo Mock. Many on CC have praised him as their favorite concierge. I just didn't see it. At all. Agree with you there, but we seem to be in the minority.

Good luck with your letter to Adam. I ASSUME that you are writing directly to AG?

Thanks,

The Moose and Squirrel is the crew bar. They televise the parties there like guests get to see the Love and Marriage show on their televisions.

They also get to see a half dozen movies on other channels.

The tv was mis-programmed because a crew member used the cabin the prior week. If I.T., or anyone else would have checked what I told them, it could have been fixed as well. It sure didn't take them long to fix it when they found out I had access to all the crew training videos and bar parties.:rolleyes: (even though that was 11:30 a.m. day 5 of the cruise.)

As for the interactive part, imagine three other handicapped people with you and then have to go to the different venues to get the information and bookings.

As for the BOGO, not only did they give the credit to someone else and not me, they also added mini bar charges after check out for things we did not use. Found out that today when checking the credit card online.:mad:

Yeah, after they listened about the safe, it was a ten second repair. I even told them three times how to fix it before they managed the repair.

The letter will go to several, not just A.G.

Thanks,

The Moose and Squirrel is the crew bar. They televise the parties there like guests get to see the Love and Marriage show on their televisions.

They also get to see a half dozen movies on other channels.

The tv was mis-programmed because a crew member used the cabin the prior week. If I.T., or anyone else would have checked what I told them, it could have been fixed as well. It sure didn't take them long to fix it when they found out I had access to all the crew training videos and bar parties.:rolleyes: (even though that was 11:30 a.m. day 5 of the cruise.)

As for the interactive part, imagine three other handicapped people with you and then have to go to the different venues to get the information and bookings.

As for the BOGO, not only did they give the credit to someone else and not me, they also added mini bar charges after check out for things we did not use. Found out that today when checking the credit card online.:mad:

Yeah, after they listened about the safe, it was a ten second repair. I even told them three times how to fix it before they managed the repair.

The letter will go to several, not just A.G.

GOOD LUCK and have an amazingly good cruise on the Serenade. I just *know* that it will be everything you hope, and more. :)

Archived