Christmas card picture ideas

Jajone

We are hoping to take a fun pic of us on our upcoming cruise for our Christmas cards. Unfortunately, I am not very creative and need some inspiration. We are looking for clever or fun, not formal. Any ideas? We will be in Grand Cayman and Jamaica.

We are hoping to take a fun pic of us on our upcoming cruise for our Christmas cards. Unfortunately, I am not very creative and need some inspiration. We are looking for clever or fun, not formal. Any ideas? We will be in Grand Cayman and Jamaica.

Well, it depends on what you are doing in these ports of call. If you are swimming with the sting rays, that would be great. If you are going to Dunn River Falls, that would also be great. If not, you can always rely on one of those fantastic sunsets you get on board - it will make a great backdrop.

We just have people take tons of pictures of us in various places around the ship and ports of call and then we pick the best one and use that for the Christmas card. You will find plenty of places around the ship that have beautiful backdrops. You can also scan in the pictures you buy from the ship photographer. We have used our sailaway picture a few times.

We saw the ships photographer taking a great picture of a family on our last cruise. They were all in white shirts and khaki shorts. They were sitting on the floor so it was very casual. I think you may be able to arrange a special photo session taken by the ships pro. Worth a try to check and see. You might even be able to arrange to have one taken at sunset out on the deck of the ship

Great question!

It would be really convenient to use photo taken by the ship's photographer. However, are the photos still all print, or have any cruise lines "gone digital?"

Has anyone ever hired a photographer in port?

I'm loving your idea for Christmas cards!

By the way, my husband and I were married at Smith's Cove, a beach on Grand Cayman. There's a really cool spot there where I've seen families take photos. These aren't my photos, but I Googled some images to give you an idea of what it looks like: Grand Cayman Wedding: Lorie and Steve, Smith Cove Plus, it's close to the where the tenders arrive in port. It's not walking distance, but a short taxi ride. And, the snorkeling is fun there!

The photos are all print but they are not marked cpoyrighted professional photos therefore you are allowed to reproduce them. You can scan them in or take them to your local drug store/photo shop and have them do it. We have bought the nice photos and taken it in many times for Christmas cards or even to make copies for family and friends.

We've taken photos on our cruise for the past few years, and have had some fun pics as follows:

1--Wrote "Happy Holidays" in the sand, and also took a pic of the kids holding a conch shell. Tag line on card: SEA-sons greetings.

2--This was really hard to do, but the kids built a miniature snowman out of sand while on the beach, then posed near it. Tagline: WARM wishes for a Happy Holiday season.

3--Posed the kids on the beach with their swimsuit and Santa hat. Totally fun!

Let us know what you end up doing, as I am trying to figure out what to do this year, and we leave on our cruise in 4 weeks....

CeleBrat

Someone from this board (Celebrat maybe?) reminded me to pack Santa hats and Christmas shirts wayyy back on our November cruise (2006) -- so our Christmas Card that year was...

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM OUR LITTLE SAND-TAS

IMG_0071.jpg

Love that!!

In 1989, we took our five to Disneyland in late July (one of those !@#$%& road trips in the Suburban). Stayed with friends in Mission Viejo, which saved us a fortune. After our third consecutive day at Disneyland, we arrived back at our friends' house with five hot, sweaty, disheveled kids. I had brought five plastic-wrapped candy canes with me, and put these five dirty youngsters in front of the washer and dryer in friends' laundry room, each holding a candy cane with piles of dirty laundry on the floor in front of them. The resulting Christmas card said: "We WASH you a Merry Christmas". Somewhere, in an album, is this picture/card.

Someone from this board (Celebrat maybe?) reminded me to pack Santa hats and Christmas shirts wayyy back on our November cruise (2006) -- so our Christmas Card that year was...

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM OUR LITTLE SAND-TAS

Hmm...I can't remember if that was me. But, can I just say, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your tagline. Sand-tas. Awesome!

Great pic too! Super cute. I think we'll do ours with Santa hats and bathing suits.

Matter of fact, I'm going to steal it for this year's card.

CeleBrat

Archived