Aurora 2 night cruise R014 Brugge

SPACASTAN

hi we did this cruise in may.

you will recieve a flyer about the port of zeebrugge the night before which tells you about all the different places that you can visit .

we caught p&o free shuttle into blankenberge it stops right near the train station that takes you into bruges

the direct trains from blankenberg to bruges is every hour. the journey is 10/15 minutes.the train station will only accept local euros as currency.

blankenberg is a seaside resort with a loverly beach. cafes shops. and bars.

once in bruges its about a 20 minute walk into the centre.

Typically, the last shuttle back from Blankenberg is at 4:30, which means that the least train from Bruges that will connect with a shuttle no later than that, is at 3:38. So you won't have a very late afternoon in Bruges.

Motto: get up early, get into Bruges early, do the sightseeing, have a good lunch and stagger back to the station.

doesn't the train station change after september. We were going to go independent, then after reading about the fact that you have to go to a different train station in the winter ,one further away ,we thought we will forget that. ofcourse it may be the winter one you are talking about ...and i will just add to the confusion..sorry

hi we did this cruise in may.

you will recieve a flyer about the port of zeebrugge the night before which tells you about all the different places that you can visit .

we caught p&o free shuttle into blankenberge it stops right near the train station that takes you into bruges

the direct trains from blankenberg to bruges is every hour. the journey is 10/15 minutes.the train station will only accept local euros as currency.

blankenberg is a seaside resort with a loverly beach. cafes shops. and bars.

once in bruges its about a 20 minute walk into the centre.

thanks for that much appreciated

I'm on this cruise too, along with 70 more from CROWSNEST another cruise chat site, we are going to Bruges for the day on a Pando coach trip direct from the ship and return to the ship, can't be bothered with waiting for trains and worrying if its going to turn up in time, if its full, broken down, etc and it is a Sunday too...too much stress, going with pando = no stress, the ship always waits for their own coaches, it won't wait for anyone who misses the train. It will be very busy that day as the Christmas markets are on,so loads of tourists. This will be my 4th weekender and 2nd time at that time of year when christmas markets are on and its heaving.

English Lady

Are you one of the 70 odd from 'CrowsNest' going? If so I believe they are arranging a meet-up onboard for us in a private room. may see you there?. Photo of me on profile (Click my name Libralass above/my public profile) , do say hello if you see me, as I don't know what you look like. Pleased you like my contributions and photos to this site, thanks.:)

Archived