Wi-Fi on Maasdam

emsachs

Does anyone know if there is wi-fi/internet access available in-cabin on the Maasdam??

I understand that I may need to purchase the access, just wanted to know if it was available (non-suite), as I know Maasdam is a little bit older ship.

Also if anyone knows the cost, it would be appreciated!!!!!

Thanks

Yes. Maasdam has WiFi in all cabins. I sometimes find I have to leave my cabin door open to get good connection but no problem. The convenience is good. Keep in mind it is slow at some times and really slow at others.

100 minute package is $55 plus one time start up charge of $3.95

250 minute package is $100 plus same start up charge.

If you sign up first day you get a few bonus minutes.

I've never used by the minute but think it might be 75 cents.... that should be verified.

Internet Prices:

It doesn't make any difference whether you bring your own laptop or use the ship's computers -- the price is the same -- no free WiFi.

The advantage of having your own laptop is that you can work off-line and then just copy and paste once you are online -- will save minutes. The internet is slooooow.

There is a one time $3.95 activation fee.

Plan 1 - $0.75 per minute

Plan 2 - $55 for 100 minutes

Plan 3 - $100 for 250 minutes.

Most ships will offer 10 free minutes for Plan 2 and 20 free minutes for Plan 3 if you sign up for a plan on embarkation day.

We are in Cabin 38 on the Maasdam today and the connection is 11Mbps and excellent according to my Accer laptop with the balcony door shut. We took the $100 package and think we got 20 free minutes

We are at Sydney heading to Boston,bit cloudy, bit windy and meant to rain

We are in Cabin 38 on the Maasdam today and the connection is 11Mbps and excellent according to my Accer laptop with the balcony door shut. We took the $100 package and think we got 20 free minutes

11Mbps !!! you sure it isn't 11Kbps??

:) In Sydney, there is free Internet in the terminal building. Bring your Acer there and don't burn up your shipboard minutes. ;) There are even many plugs around the area so you don't have to burn battery either.

I don't think your connection was 11Mbps. Never had fast reception like that on a cruise ship.

On our Maasdam cruise last week we missed Sydney entirely and the wifi connection was almost no connection. I finally gave up most days and consequently left many unused minutes in my account. There is also a coffe shop directly across the street from the ship's dock in Halifax. It is free but you have to buy a cup of coffee or tea or something.

You can share the minutes on another computer. I sometimes use my package logging in on the ship's computer and then later may use my Acer Netbook. I have to log into the ship's Internet and the clock starts to 'tick'.

Archived