Looking for privat operators specially in India and Myanmar

urlaub

From Hongkong to Dubai with Oceanias Nautica

Does anybody know something about privat tour operaters in the following ports: Nathrang and Saigon in Vietnam, Phuket in Thailand,Yangon ( Rangoon) in Myanmar, Cochin and Mumbai in India? Thank you for your help!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody know something about privat tour operaters in the following ports: Nathrang and Saigon in Vietnam, Phuket in Thailand,Yangon ( Rangoon) in Myanmar, Cochin and Mumbai in India? Thank you for your help!

FOR BURMA (Myanmar): I would highly recommend Golden Rock Travel & Tours. They have offices in Rangoon (Yangon) as well as an office in the States. Their toll free US number is 1-888-802-8762.

Paul stated there is no internet in Burma and very little phone service. I beg to differ. DH was born in Burma and although internet use is not as widespread as in more affluent countries, it is certainly available. Internet cafes may be found throughout the country.

Unfortunately because of the upcoming elections on Nov. 7, both the internet and overseas telephone lines have been shut for a two week period.

Lynne

I am considering this itinerary for March/April next year. I have been to Myanmar many years ago on a land tour. It is one of my favorite destinations.

I was wondering if it is possible to tour Bagon and Inle Lake in the 3 days in Myanmar? These are two locations we have not been able to tour. Also, what is there to see and do in these two locations?

Can anyone suggest a private tour guide that might be able to arrange such a tour?

I am considering this itinerary for March/April next year. I have been to Myanmar many years ago on a land tour. It is one of my favorite destinations.

I was wondering if it is possible to tour Bagon and Inle Lake in the 3 days in Myanmar? These are two locations we have not been able to tour. Also, what is there to see and do in these two locations?

Can anyone suggest a private tour guide that might be able to arrange such a tour?

See my post immediately above yours - post no. 4, Golden Rock should be able to arrange your tour. I suggest you go on their website.

Lynne

Hi Travel World,I think Bagan and Inle Lake will be too far away. I read that the ship must arrive with high tide and also needs the tide to leave. So the first and third days are not easy to manage in advance.

Thank you for your comments. I did look at Golden Rock website, great information about Myanmar.

I was so happy with the guide we used for our first trip to Myanmar that I went through my old documents and found him. His name is Kyaw Soe and he worked for A&K at the time we toured with him. I found that he and his wife now have their own tour company called Arcadia Travels Limited and they have information on their web site at Myanmar Travel Port. I emailed Kyaw Soe and will definately be using him for our next trip to Myanmar.

I will also keep in mind the tides. I have read other posts warning about the tides changing the location and time of getting into port. I will need to check the air service to see if this is possible.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

We are also on the same cruise Hong Kong to Dubai and are also interested in tours in Myanmar. Have you contacted any tour agents? I have had no response from one in Myanmar so I am also going to try Golden Rock tours. What kind of tour are you looking for? As we are in port for 3 days I would like to arrange a tour for 2 seperate days and maybe leave the last free time.

• 1 month later...

We have just arrived home after doing the 2010 Capetown to Singapore Cruise. The highlight of this cruise was Myanmar which was made even better by our fantastic tour guide - best we have had anywhere.

His name was Kyaw Soe (pronounced Josho) from Arcadia Travels and his attention to detail was amazing - from wipes to clean our feet each time we entered a temple barefoot and umbrellas for everyone if it rained, to ensuring that everything we did ran so smoothly.

We had so many wonderful interaction with the locals through Josho who endeared people to him. His service was 5 star, his english was fluent, and we can't recommend him highly enough. His email address is josoaud@myanmar.com.mm

Myanmar is a great place. The Burmese people are lovely and all the scary things we had heard about Myanmar weren't evident to us

Cheers

Hi

Have found the following tour operators

Vietnam - Ann Tours - great response and priced competitively for Saigon

and Da Nang

Avoid Buffalo Tours as there are hiddeen charges they do not

include such as $USD30 per person whraf charge to pick you up

Vietnam Vespa - Vespa tour around Saigon seeing all the sites

for 5 hours including food & drinks - $USD37 per person

Myanmar - Good News Travel

Columbus Travel

Internet not an issue with Myanmar just some patience as

with most Asian Countries

We are doing private tour for a day in Yangon and the next

day for Bago

Mumbai/Kochin - Mumbai Magic - operated by a lady

All reasonably priced tours with driver and guide and own itinerary and they will work with you

Most are requiring payment on the day in USD or for India it is Rupees

All have internet sites and will answer questions and concerns you may have

Hope that helps

Regards

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mumbai magic is great for India. For Myanmar - Myanmar Shalom Travel is great. We did and also friends our did in Jan 2011 and had wonderful time. Their tour guide and hotel choice are excellent.

• 3 years later...
Hi

Have found the following tour operators

Vietnam - Ann Tours - great response and priced competitively for Saigon

and Da Nang

Avoid Buffalo Tours as there are hiddeen charges they do not

include such as $USD30 per person whraf charge to pick you up

Vietnam Vespa - Vespa tour around Saigon seeing all the sites

for 5 hours including food & drinks - $USD37 per person

Myanmar - Good News Travel

Columbus Travel

Internet not an issue with Myanmar just some patience as

with most Asian Countries

We are doing private tour for a day in Yangon and the next

day for Bago

Mumbai/Kochin - Mumbai Magic - operated by a lady

All reasonably priced tours with driver and guide and own itinerary and they will work with you

Most are requiring payment on the day in USD or for India it is Rupees

All have internet sites and will answer questions and concerns you may have

Hope that helps

Regards

Now that your cruise has come and gone, can you tell me how was your Private Tour in Yangon and whom did you end up using as you mentioned both Good News Travel and Columbus Travel. Also what did you see and do in Yangon. We will be there next year on the Ocean Princess for only one day from 7am to 10pm.

I presume there isn't enough time for us to visit Bagan so we will have to return and do a cruise on the river in the future.

Jennie

We were in Thilawa (the port of Yangon) in February, and used Tour Mandalay, which I can heartily recommend. Our guide for the day in Yangon was Giovanni (Jonny Niery), an older Burmese gentleman, who took us to the Shwedagon Pagoda, the Reclining Buddha, Keraweik Park, the Bogyoke Aung San Market, Victoria Lake for lunch and Aung San Suu Kyi's house, and we spent quite bit of time searching for the house my husband had lived in as a child, and also visited the hospital where he was born. It was a very interesting day, and Giovanni was a very good guide.

Ann,

Thanks so much for the recommendation. I will send Tour Mandalay an email and mention that you used Giovanni and were very pleased with him.

Jennie

Please tell Win Win Khine that we appreciated all her help and really enjoyed our day. (My name is Ann McCarthy.) You should have a great day, whichever company you use.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I was on the same cruise with VictOriann. Many of us used Myanmar Shalom Tours - check website and call Sammy. He lives in NYC and Yangon. He is very receptive to cruisers and created a two day comprehensive tour (returning to ship at night) for about 35 of us (combined CCers). BUT he insisted on sending us out in groups of no more than 8. Very attentive to your needs and will create any itinerary you want.

Some of the group flew to Bagan for the second day - long trek from cruise ship to airport given roads and traffic and visa versa (early early am to 10pm) They loved the day!!

And of course, the pricing was excellent and included lunch. Enjoy!!