Passengers on Oriana X101 January 2011... You are being Deceived by P&O

tottoncruiser

Hi,

A warning to fellow passengers on this cruise, as we have long suspected the Oriana is NOT going to Tampa as listed in the itinerary, i had checked this with P&O and they say they are still going, and it is still listed as a port of call, but i did email Port Of Tampa directly and they CONFIRM that the ORIANA is not going to Tampa, armed with this information i again called P&O who have also confirmed that they are not going to Tampa and port operations team are looking at alternatives, but they are still prepared to take bookings on the pretense of still going to Tampa, and no notification will be given to passengers until any alternative arrangements are finalised, if no suitable alternative is found it will be replaced with another sea day.

Any fellow passengers who wish to see the email confirmation from the Port Of Tampa can contact me directly at Roxarabichons@aol.com

Best Wishes,

Darren

Darren - A word of advice -if this is your personal email address you should not show it on this public forum. It could lead to all sorts of problems.

Sorry this is nothing to do with OP. Apologies, but just trying to be helpful.:o.

Caryl

This happens a lot Darren and I agree its underhand.:cool:

Why do P&O advertise ports of call without even booking in the ships at the ports first?

Its underhand, and deceives the cruiser who books a cruise hoping to visit the ports advertised.

They also often swop ports about and Pando usually loose out ...even on my last cruise in June this happened.

We were supposed to have Cobh , in Ireland on a Monday and Dublin on Sunday

It was swopped around just before we boarded but after final payment.

This meant - we were in a tiny Irish town on a Sunday (Cobh) No shops open, it was raining, even the museum by the port didn't open till 11am (Titanic exibiition so quite interesting)

We had the City of Dublin on a Monday (when on the Sunday most shops and tourist places would of still been open) On Mondays, all the free museums are shut, and there were lots on the tourist bus stop offs - all shut.

The reason for the change around was 'too many ships in Cobh on Monday'' so why US who has to swop and not the other ship? You would of thought, again, that the ship was booked in for this long advertised cruise a year in advance.

Its always happening and its wrong.

Hi Darren

I think you need to take a breath and step back. you're having one port changed on a 5 week cruise.

Is it annoying to have this happen - absolutely yes it is (and we had 2 port changes on the same itinerary this year).

Relax you're going to have a fabulous time regardless and when you come back you'll wonder why you got so het up.

Debbie:)

Archived