Does a Carnival employee monitor slide....

Christine in MO

We will be on the Elation in November and after booking I realized that my daughter is still a couple of inches too short to go down the slide. She is 5 years old and able to swim so I was wondering if there is a Carnival employee at the top of the slide monitoring and enforcing the height restrictions? DS is 9 years old and well within the height restrictions to go down the slide and if DD is unable to go down the slide and DB is able to go down I foresee a very real problem for me for 5 days on the Elation!!!!! Tnaks for any help on this issue.....oh, also are the pools still salt water? TIA

We will be on the Elation in November and after booking I realized that my daughter is still a couple of inches too short to go down the slide. She is 5 years old and able to swim so I was wondering if there is a Carnival employee at the top of the slide monitoring and enforcing the height restrictions? DS is 9 years old and well within the height restrictions to go down the slide and if DD is unable to go down the slide and DB is able to go down I foresee a very real problem for me for 5 days on the Elation!!!!! Tnaks for any help on this issue.....oh, also are the pools still salt water? TIA

There is an employee at the top and at the bottom on all ships that I have been on.

There is someone at each slide. Not too sure how strict they are with the enforcing though...

heres to hoping for a growth spurt!!:p

For what it's worth, when we were on the Conquest there was no one at the bottom. If there was someone at the top, I didn't know about it (this was when we embarked initially). My son went down repeatedly, he had it to himself and had a blast. I was at the bottom watching him go down, but since it doesn't end in a pool, just shallow water, they didn't have many reasons to be concerned.

My daughter's (4 and 5) will be with us on this cruise and are anxious to go down the slide, I truly hope they meet the height requirement. In this case, I guess I'm glad my hub is 6'5" and they're taking after him ;).

Since the pools are filled from the water that is all around the ship, they will always remain salt water pools. Any one can drown in an inch of water, so monitering a child on a slide is essential.

I had a big brother, there were plenty of things that he could do, that I was too little for, didn't make me bitter, so if your little one is too little then just tell them that. Don't even worry about it until you are on the ship, the kids may get up on the top of the slide, and decide they don't want to go down anyway.

They have the height requirement for safety reasons I am sure

just think if (God Forbid) something went wrong....then what??

Blame Carnival?

I don't think they can make many exceptions on this cause what if a 3 year old or a 2 year old is "jealous' of an older sibling??

safety first

WOW!!!! Thanks for all the quick responses guys. And just for the record I would never allow my child to do something that I did not think was safe. She is an excellent swimmer, loves the water, goes down the slide and off the high diving board into 11 ft water at our local pool PLUS either myself, my mom, her father or her grandfather would be there and watching at all times. While I understand the rules are for safety but as a parent I wouldn't allow my child to do something I felt was unsafe (and would hope no parent would). If those are the rules and if they are enforced then I will follow them....I was just curious to get the kids prepared ahead of time. Thanks for all the info

Yes they are.

Last thing you want an under height kid to do is spin around in the chute, and exit head first.

Realize WHY there are limits, please.

We and they care for your kid. Please do the same.

If it empties into the pool, then it actually has a 48 inch limit.

And it's not about how well a kid can swim, it's about the velocity of small body can reach in the slide. Believe it or not, CCL doesn't want kids who are too light being tossed around corners at high rates of speed where their small bodies can potentially get crushed into a wall, or worse, leave the surface of the slide entirely.

Is there a weight (or old age :D ) limit for the slide?

No, but I have seen where heavier people have had issues with the rate of water going down the slide being incapable of conveying them to the bottom. So I'd check for a nice, rushing stream before climbing the steps.

No, but I have seen where heavier people have had issues with the rate of water going down the slide being incapable of conveying them to the bottom. So I'd check for a nice, rushing stream before climbing the steps.

Actually, as a man "of size", the more skin to slide ration, the faster I go. The more material to slide ratio, it gets very motionless.

Archived