For past Sun sun suite passengers.....

cmarkovsky

I finally convinced my husband to book an Eastern Caribbean in February:). We travel with our two children so we are booking an AC.

Which would you choose....8077 with the showroom beneath or 0265 with the Great Outdoors above?

Thanks in advance!

I've been in 8077. You are going to love this suite!

The only issue is that it is right directly about the theatre. Which normally wouldn't be a big deal except the speakers are mounted on the ceiling directly under this cabin. When there's a show in the theatre it's unbelievably loud!

My kids were very young then and we were trying to put them exhausted to bed around 8pm. The noise from below was so loud the room shook. Not great for very small kids trying to sleep. Between the hours of 8pm - 11pm it can get so loud the room shakes.

Maybe your kids are night owls and will be at kids club all evening. If that's the case, you probably won't even be in your cabin and shouldn't worry about it. It's just that my kids were like 3 and 4. We were turning in early, had exhausted kids and now couldn't sleep with all the shaking and noise.

Now that my kids are a bit older and love kids club and we're out and about until 10:30 or 11 it would be absolutely no issue at all. Just for those trying to sleep early it's not great.

That wrap around deck is to die for! You will love, love, love it!

We were in 8077 and my parents were in 8277 in the Baltics this past May. Cabin was amazing and balcony was to die for.

Showroom was a bit of an issue - I'll be honest. And we found that not only during shows - they rehearse at full volume in some cases during the day. That was our only issue with our cabins. Ours was more noticiable than Mom and Dad's from a noise standpoint (which now makes sense to me from the above post about the speakers).

We loved Sun - one of our favorite ships I think. Breakfast and Lunch in the speciality restaurant was a great treat. Our concierge was Virginia and she was the best we've ever had. Plus, since Sun does not have a lot of suites there was reserved seating for the suites in the showroom.

Perfect size ship, in our opinion.

We will definitely book this ship again - can't recommend it highly enough! And as I type this I am thinking I should suggest to DH that we investigate her upcoming itineraries. :)

Have a wonderful trip.

I love the aft AC penthouses on the Sun. You will love that verandah. Breakfast in Il Adagio is wonderful! Lunch too, but I just love breakfast. I was in 9076 which was perfect... But I'd take 8 or 10 deck if 9 wasn't available. You will love it!

I love the Sun. We had 0265 both times on this ship. The outdoor cafe never bothered us. I always prefer higher up decks. The balcony well you've heard is too die for. There is also a whirlpool tub in the bathroom... You will definatley enjoy whichever suite you choose. Expect to be pampered.

• 4 years later...
I love the Sun. We had 0265 both times on this ship. The outdoor cafe never bothered us. I always prefer higher up decks. The balcony well you've heard is too die for. There is also a whirlpool tub in the bathroom... You will definatley enjoy whichever suite you choose. Expect to be pampered.

I realize this is a 5 year old thread, but I see you are still active on CC, would you happen to have any photos of cabin 0265? I can find any at all

*Living large one week at a time*

I realize this is a 5 year old thread, but I see you are still active on CC, would you happen to have any photos of cabin 0265? I can find any at all

I have actually stayed in this suite 4 times. This past year we were in OS 1203. I love the SUN. I will look to see if I still have pictures and see if there is a way I can put them on here for you. 0265 is awesome. Huge balcony, 2 rooms and a great bathroom with the whirlpool tub. I love the aft DH loves fwd. We compromise. He usually wins. lol

I did find some pictures so if you know how I can get them on here I will post them.

I have actually stayed in this suite 4 times. This past year we were in OS 1203. I love the SUN. I will look to see if I still have pictures and see if there is a way I can put them on here for you. 0265 is awesome. Huge balcony, 2 rooms and a great bathroom with the whirlpool tub. I love the aft DH loves fwd. We compromise. He usually wins. lol

I did find some pictures so if you know how I can get them on here I will post them.

Last September we stayed in 1003, awesome room as I'm sure 1203 is the same, you can email me the photos of it is easier, solararcoutdoor@gmail.com

I really appreciate it

Last September we stayed in 1003, awesome room as I'm sure 1203 is the same, you can email me the photos of it is easier, solararcoutdoor@gmail.com

I really appreciate it

Still trying to figure out how to get pictures on my computer to send them to you. :o Sorry. As soon as I figure it out I will send them.

Still trying to figure out how to get pictures on my computer to send them to you. :o Sorry. As soon as I figure it out I will send them.

Hi!

This is one way to do it. This is my dog Honey. I can't find my pics of 9076 but I will be there on 4.19 and will have more pics, so the dog will have to do :)

honey1.jpg.8cc207d4e869b0aa39d3ffbcae3af521.jpg

First hit the paper clip as shown.

1.jpg.208b4dd3d6e262718a106407d918ae0e.jpg

Next choose file.

2.jpg.c4153c5f16ab510252177a615cb7295f.jpg

Next, upload.

3.jpg.6c134383fc4e0277ceb43c97fc3166fd.jpg

You will see it in attachments. Close that window.

Hit the paper clip again as shown in the first photo. You will see "manage attachments." Tick the photo you want to use on your post. It will show the html used, then continue either writing or hit submit reply.

I don't know how folks get huge photos on here other than linking from another site such as photobucket, etc.

I hope this helps!!!

4.jpg.c26c4ab1e65a2ab846929f25cbc4652c.jpg

Edited by House_Atreides
Forgot text

Hi!

This is one way to do it. This is my dog Honey. I can't find my pics of 9076 but I will be there on 4.19 and will have more pics, so the dog will have to do :)

[ATTACH]346059[/ATTACH]

First hit the paper clip as shown.

[ATTACH]346060[/ATTACH]

Next choose file.

[ATTACH]346061[/ATTACH]

Next, upload.

[ATTACH]346062[/ATTACH]

You will see it in attachments. Close that window.

Hit the paper clip again as shown in the first photo. You will see "manage attachments." Tick the photo you want to use on your post. It will show the html used, then continue either writing or hit submit reply.

I don't know how folks get huge photos on here other than linking from another site such as photobucket, etc.

I hope this helps!!!

[ATTACH]346063[/ATTACH]

image.jpg.7117d32384108495e4f2790d70c510a0.jpg

Wow it works! I wish there was a way to blow it up bigger though. That's a shot I took from the Great Outdoors on the Sun back in November. Thanks Mary!

No need to apologize, there is no rush, lots of time to change cabins if it's not going to serve my purpose. I'm still wrestling with the notion of the owners suite again, but if 0265 will do why spend that extra $3000

Thank you House_Atreidis looks like it worked.

These are are few years old. Before the last update. I know I have some from right after the update. I will continue to look. We have stayed 4 times in this suite 0265 so I may not have taken pictures from each time but knowing me I probably did. lol

No need to apologize, there is no rush, lots of time to change cabins if it's not going to serve my purpose. I'm still wrestling with the notion of the owners suite again, but if 0265 will do why spend that extra $3000

I wrestle with the same thing. LOL. The owner suite is an unbelievable suite. I haven't found anything that compares. So much space.... If the difference is that much I would have to say I would go with the aft. We are going on the Spirit next year. I went back and forth. The owner suite is on the aft. Also quite a bit more in cost. Couldn't find much on the difference for the suites. The owner suite wasn't available when i booked so my decision was a bit easier. Although, if it should become available I may just keep the extra $$ and stay with the fwd corner. DH does prefer fwd and I am beginning to like it myself.

NJLVW, thank you so much, it does look like a smaller version of the owners suite, in terms of a separate bedroom, am I correct? I think I will keep this room of so

It is 2 rooms. The bedroom is separate. Living area and a large bathroom with separate shower & whirlpool tub. Tub also has a shower in it. There are doors between bedroom & living room. Also very convenient to get to most dining venues. Very quiet in the aft. Well at least every time we have been on her. The balcony is the length of the suite and there is a sliding door from the bedroom as well as the living room.

Any other questions you may have please ask I will try to answer for you. I love the Sun as she is my favorite ship so far.

Edited by NJLVW

For Sun stern stateroom lovers ....

video found on youtube showing several Sun stateroom categories

At approximately 3:36 into video there is tour of what I believe is aft facing penthouse 9076. Looks just like I remember it and mini suite 9078 follows it.

Here are a couple photos I took - lol love the NCL badges we are wearing in the first one.

Just part of Balcony 9076 on the Sun. Patio door to bedroom is on Larry's right and patio door to living room is on my left. Wonderful suite !

90787926-6301-4653-a1c4-934270fff640_zpsmgbxlbf9.jpg

This stern shot is of the Sky, sister ship to the Sun

a5c6f59d-b66d-4f93-8e7d-a251697ebce6_zpsxqmmuzyz.jpg

I'm so happy right now, called NCl to upgrade to an SF last week, she gave me this SE cabin instead, my confirmation says the balcony is enclosed, can anyone confirm this?

See photo I just posted of 9076 balcony. The "enclosure" is the little area in the far left of photo - good place to put a lounger to be somewhat out of the sun. These stern penthouse suites on the Sun have wonderful balcony :)

For Sun stern stateroom lovers ....

video found on youtube showing several Sun stateroom categories

At approximately 3:36 into video there is tour of what I believe is aft facing penthouse 9076. Looks just like I remember it and mini suite 9078 follows it.

Here are a couple photos I took - lol love the NCL badges we are wearing in the first one.

Just part of Balcony 9076 on the Sun. Patio door to bedroom is on Larry's right and patio door to living room is on my left. Wonderful suite !

90787926-6301-4653-a1c4-934270fff640_zpsmgbxlbf9.jpg

This stern shot is of the Sky, sister ship to the Sun

a5c6f59d-b66d-4f93-8e7d-a251697ebce6_zpsxqmmuzyz.jpg

Now I'm really excited. This will be our 3rd time in that suite. Thanks for the pics! Best balcony ever :D