Carnival.com website changes and price increases??

Smith4tx

Been checking the carnival.com site daily trying to choose a spring break cruise for 2011. Now today the booking part of the site changes and it appears that includes price increase for all passengers after the first two. It looks like all passengers in a cabin are now the same price instead of the normal discounted price for the 3rd, 4th, 5th person. My cruise yesterday was going to be $1675 for four persons now today it has a price of $2035 for four persons. :(

Anyone else notice this ????????????????????

Been checking the carnival.com site daily trying to choose a spring break cruise for 2011. Now today the booking part of the site changes and it appears that includes price increase for all passengers after the first two. It looks like all passengers in a cabin are now the same price instead of the normal discounted price for the 3rd, 4th, 5th person. My cruise yesterday was going to be $1675 for four persons now today it has a price of $2035 for four persons. :(

They are not charging the same for all 4 pax in a cabin. What they are doing now is showing you the average cost per pax in the cabin.

Bill

i dont like the new site. I booked in June and the rates have just gone up. For the last month theres no avail for 3 persons so I'm out of luck if there is a price drop.

1. I'm hoping once the $200 obc sales ends prices will drop

2. I'm really hoping that once final payment is due, there will be avail cabins in my Cat. with price drops.

Guess i got luky on my 1st cruise. We ended up getting like $110 obc

Prices can change hourly. When you find one you like book it. With any fare type if the price falls prior to the DATE final payment is due then you can get a price adjustment to take advantage of the better price. If your plans are solid enough you can book an ES rate and get price reductions up until two days prior to sailing.

I don't like the new website either. It's now harder to compare category prices. On the Dream in August I had $500+ in OBC for two cabins by checking at least once a day. We didn't take upgrades just OBC.....now it won't be as easy to compare.:mad:

Website Same when checking yesterday, but new for me today.

I don't like it either. It's harder to check quick for you Cat. and prices.

Marcy

i dont like the new site. I booked in June and the rates have just gone up. For the last month theres no avail for 3 persons so I'm out of luck if there is a price drop.

1. I'm hoping once the $200 obc sales ends prices will drop

2. I'm really hoping that once final payment is due, there will be avail cabins in my Cat. with price drops.

Guess i got luky on my 1st cruise. We ended up getting like $110 obc

OK, let's review.... do you not like the new site because prices have gone up? :confused:

It would be nice if there was a price drop, but if prices have been going up since you booked, I think you've already gotten lucky - maybe you should think about being happy that you got a good deal for booking when you did rather than waiting and paying more....?

Just a thought.

OK, let's review.... do you not like the new site because prices have gone up? :confused:

It would be nice if there was a price drop, but if prices have been going up since you booked, I think you've already gotten lucky - maybe you should think about being happy that you got a good deal for booking when you did rather than waiting and paying more....?

Just a thought.

my wife seems to tell me that a lot too!:D

Bill

Website Same when checking yesterday, but new for me today.

I don't like it either. It's harder to check quick for you Cat. and prices.

Marcy

How about this one ??? On my desktop computer, I have the old site for Carnival ( and I've refreshed and restarted ! ), but on my laptop.... I have the new website. Go figure. And I completely agree, don't like it, and it's really difficult to determine the categories.

I have found the site to be changing daily old to new and back and fourth. I called my PVP to make a cabin change and she could not see the prce I was seeing. I refreshed and started over and it was gone. I refreshed and started over and it came back. I copied and sent it but PVP still could not see it to change:confused:

Just a thought.

well the price can go down and i still wont like the new site. Well i'm still happy that i'm going on a cruise :p

Archived