Hotels close to Port Everglades

celticlady

Probably not posting in the right area, but when I went to hotels pre and post, something was posted about the site being moved. So anyway, my question is about hotels. We originally booked into the Marriott through Princess because of the convienence of having our luggage taken care of by princess and because of shuttle service. Now, we have decided to take a taxi instead. The Marriott is alittle over $200. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel close to the pier for a reasonable price.

decisions..........:rolleyes:

Probably not posting in the right area, but when I went to hotels pre and post, something was posted about the site being moved. So anyway, my question is about hotels. We originally booked into the Marriott through Princess because of the convienence of having our luggage taken care of by princess and because of shuttle service. Now, we have decided to take a taxi instead. The Marriott is alittle over $200. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel close to the pier for a reasonable price.

Try here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

That is a link to the Florida Departure board and many hotels in Fort Lauderdale are discussed there. Good Luck on finding one that suits your needs. ;)

Here are two for you to try: Comfort Inn on Stirling Road (954)922-1600 is less than $100 and includes transportation from the airport and to the ship; also includes breakfast. Also try Best Western on W. State Road (954)462-7005 for under $120 including everything above. We have used both and they have been fine.

If I were choosing I would try to stay at one of the hotels in the 17th st area near the port. Some of these are Hyatt Place North, Embassy Suites, Renaissance, Holiday Inn Express, or Extended Stay America. All are

near restaurants, grocery store, drug store, liquor stores, etc.

If I were choosing I would try to stay at one of the hotels in the 17th st area near the port. Some of these are Hyatt Place North, Embassy Suites, Renaissance, Holiday Inn Express, or Extended Stay America. All are

Also some of the most expensive hotels in the area!!! Not exactly what the OP was looking for.

Also some of the most expensive hotels in the area!!! Not exactly what the OP was looking for.

The OP was originally willing to pay a little more than $200.00. The Extended Stay America is available in March for 144.99. Not one of the most expensive hotels in the area. Also the poster above has said that Hyatt Place North is available for

$169.00 in March. We have stayed at all of the ones I mentioned with the exception of Holiday Inn and have never paid near $200.00. This was during the months of January, and March.

Even if the cost is a little more I think this is a more preferred area.

Do you know what area 17th St would be considered, i.e. Hollywood?

When are you cruising? Hotel rates depend are seasonal and also depend on what else is going on in Ft. L, such as boat shows, etc. We booked the Marriott (Renaissance) near the port for $116/double in late November.

Betsy

Archived