AOS cabin size question

I have a question about cabin size. My two previous cruises have been on Carnival. My first cruise had a standard OV and was plenty big for just me. My second cruise was with my husband and we had a suite I believe? It had a jetted tub anyway, maybe a JS? Not sure...

ANYway...for our upcoming cruise on the AOS we have a standard balcony room, and I've heard that the cabins on RCCL are smaller than the ones on Carnival, how much smaller are we talking? I realize that some use their cabins just for sleeping, but will it be substantially smaller? Also, what size are the beds when put together? Like queen size?

Thanks in advance for help!!

I believe it depends on what category standard balcony you have. The D1 and D2 categories are good size cabins -at least as large as Carnivals if not a tad bigger. The E category cabins will be a little smaller than Carnival's standards.

Check the RCI website to see what the average square footage of the cabins are.

Our cabin on the HAL Westerdam was 197 sq. ft. I measured and the basic dimension was 9 x 21 feet - that included the bathroom and closet areas too.

Our inside cabin on the Radiance was 165 sq. ft. Didn't actually measure but I'm estimating 8 x 20 ft. - also including bath and closet.

DSC02396.jpg

Once you know the square footage find a room in your house that's about the same for a kind of visual idea.

The designers of ship's cabins do an amazing job of taking advantage of every square inch. We didn't feel cramped in our interior on the Radiance - but then we didn't spend that much time there.

Carnival's standard cabins (until you hit the suites) are all about the same size on most ships, unlike RCI where the cabins vary ALOT in size depending on the catagory...

JS's do NOT have jetted tubs...just regular tub/shower combo. The older RCI ships have some cabins that are under 120 sq ft....pretty tiny!

Archived