Ft lauderdale hotels

Young&InLove

Does anyone have any info on good Ft Lauderdale hotels near the cruise port.

I'm looking for reasonably priced, FREE parking if possible, and that's it. I don't need a pool, I just want it priced well, near the port and free parking.

Please let me know if you have any experience with this!

Either one would be great. If it's within walking distance to the pier and I can park for free all week I'm definitely interested in that. But this past August we were at a hotel in Miami.. and parking was $50 a night!!! That's ridiculous. We were not prepared for that expense, and therefore I want to clear any unforseen expenses.

You can't walk from any hotel to the ship. It's about 1-1.5 miles from the security gate to the nearest docking point.

There are several hotels on 17th Street right outside the security gate that are very reasonable in pricing, and provide free parking while you stay there. As we always rent a car I don't know about leaving a car there while cruising.

You would get better answers by posting your question on the Florida board HERE.

Cheers,

A cab from a closeby hotel will only be a couple of bucks....$8 or less in most cases. Some hotels may have a shuttle to the port, too.

Go to Hotels.com, and see what's available. Then, call the hotel directly and see if they have any specials...don't book thru Hotels. com--they are great for FINDING places and making comparisons, but....book directly with the hotel.

Either one would be great. If it's within walking distance to the pier and I can park for free all week I'm definitely interested in that. But this past August we were at a hotel in Miami.. and parking was $50 a night!!! That's ridiculous. We were not prepared for that expense, and therefore I want to clear any unforseen expenses.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn express by the Convention Center on 17th Street. They had free parking there but I don't know about where you would park during the cruise. We were very close to the cruise terminal but walking would not have been a good Idea. Princess is close to 17th Street but if you are cruising a different line it will be farther. We took a taxi even though it was only a few blocks away. If you want cheaper parking you can always drop the bags at the hotel, go to the airport long term parking, and then have the hotel shuttle pick you up at the airport. It's (the airport) a short distance from the cruise port.

Thank you both for great ideas. We're driving to FLL from Pittsburgh, PA! I'm sure we'll end up parking in the garage at the pier for $15/day now since the hotels are 1.5 miles away. I also don't like having to deal with cabs during debarkation.. etc.

thank you both!

If you are driving down and are prepared to park at the terminal then I would suggest using Priceline for your hotel. We saved big bucks and had great hotels. There is a sticky at the top of the Florida boards giving you an idea of what others are paying. You may be surprised at how much you can save!

We LOVED Embassy Suites..also happy with Hyatt Place right next door. Free shuttles to pier at Hyatt. ES used to...but it is less than $10 to pier. Both on 17th st.

Embassy Suites has that lovely happy hour & hot breakfast!

Look at the Hilton properties and Marriott properties they both offer stay and park prices. Sometimes I get a better rate calling the hotels directly. After they quote you, than ask if they have any specials. They won't offer unless you ask. Usually a good savings from the first price they quote. Also mention if you are AARP or AAA.

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th St. several times and will be staying there again next year. Quiet, clean, helpful desk, good breakfast included and within walking distance of restaurants. The price I saw the other day was reasonable.

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th St. several times and will be staying there again next year. Quiet, clean, helpful desk, good breakfast included and within walking distance of restaurants. The price I saw the other day was reasonable.

thanks for the helP!

i appreciate it

Archived