Travel Door Alarm

Babyberger

There are child locks on the balcony doors on most ships....as an adult, I find them difficult to manuver....I don't see how a child would manage it...and to be frank, the cabins aren't so large that you will be more than a few feet from your child at any given time!

However, the magnetic kind seem to work fine. Don't know a brand name!

There are child locks on the balcony doors on most ships....as an adult, I find them difficult to manuver....I don't see how a child would manage it...and to be frank, the cabins aren't so large that you will be more than a few feet from your child at any given time!

However, the magnetic kind seem to work fine. Don't know a brand name!

I totally agree, however I have an extremely over protective DH, and a very active, sneaky, STRONG 5 year old ;) I think the concern is more for when the kids will be in the cabin with the babysitter, rather for when we are there with them.

We bought some from Ace Hardware when the grandchildren were small and we didn't want them going through all of the rooms, like DH's office (heaven forbid their parents would be watching them). They are white plastic and were quite inexpensive but worked great.

We bought some at Harbor Freight (you can also find them at the "As Seen on TV" stores that are at some malls). They peeled off to expose a sticker and we stuck them on the door and balcony door. It had an off/on switch so we could turn them off during the day. They were about a buck each. Very easy and gave me peace of mind at night.

I bought some at Home Depot. They seem to work fine when I tested them, but luckily they've never gone off in a real situation. I know those doors are heavy and sometimes difficult for adults to open, but I will tell you that my skinny little two year old could open them without a problem.

Archived