Help concerning Riverside Hotel

celticlady

I've read alot on the boards about the Riverside and wanted to stay there. A few questions to anyone with info, please. How are the beds? Is it far from airport and pier(we will have to take taxis) . Also, this could be a concern. I read that there is a fair which takes place on the 5th and 6th of March.We are arriving on the 5th and embarking on the 6th. Is it going to be a problem getting a taxis or car service and getting out? Lastly, everyone seems to be getting great prices on Hotwire for this hotel. How do you know which one your getting? I'm anxious and waiting. :D Thanks to all

I cannot comment about the beds in the hotel, but I can say that the hotel is in an awesome location directly on Las Olas Blvd. It is about a 10-15 minute drive to the Port. The fair you mention may be the Las Olas art fair, so most of Las Olas is closed to traffic, but I trust you can still get a taxi on the next block. On Hotwire, look for the area Las Olas/Downtown. You may want to check out the hotel's website beforehand to see what the amenities are and compare them to what is listed on Hotwire.

The Las Olas Art Fair is that weekend, and it is actually a great time to be on Las Olas. After 5 PM the event is over but the blvd stays closed on those dates because they have tents set up in the st. If I remember correctly, the rd that runs behind the hotel is usually open to traffic during the fairs. If you call the hotel, someone will know, or call The Las Olas Company office or email at Info@lasolasboulevard.com.

This hotel is 3.5* on hotwire, in the Fort Laud downtown zone. ttp://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=67& If this link works it should show you the list of amenities shown on hotwire.

A taxi from the airport runs $20-25, but could be higher if the festival causes a traffic backup.

The Las Olas Art Fair is that weekend, and it is actually a great time to be on Las Olas. After 5 PM the event is over but the blvd stays closed on those dates because they have tents set up in the st. If I remember correctly, the rd that runs behind the hotel is usually open to traffic during the fairs. If you call the hotel, someone will know, or call The Las Olas Company office or email at Info@lasolasboulevard.com.

This hotel is 3.5* on hotwire, in the Fort Laud downtown zone. ttp://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=67& If this link works it should show you the list of amenities shown on hotwire.

A taxi from the airport runs $20-25, but could be higher if the festival causes a traffic backup.

You are correct: The road that runs behind the Riverside Hotel is open during the art fairs. In fact, it is the alternate route for vehicle traffic. And since the porte-cochere of the hotel is on that street, the OP should have no trouble getting a taxi.

Archived