Sabatinis patio?

donna5

Some one posted a long while back about I believe Sabatinis having a patio area. Which ships and where is it exactly? It is apparently not on any of the ships I have been on.:D

I've asked this question before about the Crown/Emerald/Ruby (the ships with Sabatini's on the upper decks). On the deck plans, it appears that there is seating outside of Sabatini's, but it's apparently not part of the restaurant. :( It'd be great if it was!

Very annoying -- Oct 09 Ruby cordoned off that deck area every morning because of Suite breakfast.

Was it because people were actually eating Sabatini's breakfast out there, or was it because they didn't want the hoi polloi pressing their noses against the glass, looking in to see how the other half lives?

Because of latter! There was no one there any time we were at the aft deck. We just wanted to take the stairs to the next higher deck! Don't care for suite!

Was it because people were actually eating Sabatini's breakfast out there, or was it because they didn't want the hoi polloi pressing their noses against the glass, looking in to see how the other half lives?

Last year on the Ruby I was part of a group of ten that had dinner at Sabatinis. We asked if we could have our dessert outside. They were so accomodating - put several tables together - put on tablecloths - wonderful service. It was a nice touch to a wonderful meal.

I think that they are missing a niche--outdoor dining in the Caribbean. It's a bit risky tho, if it rains that's a problem. But on a nice evening, that would be lovely. I don't usually go to pay restaurants (not a foodie, main dining room is fine), but I would pay for ambiance like that.

Years ago they held Sterling's Steakhouse outdoors at night on Dawn/Sun (think we were on Dawn at the time, the details blend a bit on ships so similar and it was a long time ago). Wake would have been better, but on those ships that's the spa. It was done near the hamburger grill, which was closed at the time. A very magical evening.

if you search photobook, you will see a picture in my book that has Sabatinis outdoor area roped off on both sides of stairs and says "Reserved for Suite Guests only-no admittance". We enjoyed the suite life to have breakfast served out there in the mornings. It was nice, sometimes got hot because it is not covered.

seadeck2

I think that they are missing a niche--outdoor dining in the Caribbean. It's a bit risky tho, if it rains that's a problem. But on a nice evening, that would be lovely. I don't usually go to pay restaurants (not a foodie, main dining room is fine), but I would pay for ambiance like that.

Years ago they held Sterling's Steakhouse outdoors at night on Dawn/Sun (think we were on Dawn at the time, the details blend a bit on ships so similar and it was a long time ago). Wake would have been better, but on those ships that's the spa. It was done near the hamburger grill, which was closed at the time. A very magical evening.

The Sea Princess also had Sterlings Steakhouse under the stars both times we sailed on the Sea. They usually only held it outside on two nights out of the 14 day sailings, but we always booked both those nights as soon as we got onboard. It was warm those evenings, but we loved it!

Can you eat on that terrace in the evening at Sabatinis? I didn't see an open door or tables set when we ate there.

I would really enjoy more evening outdoor dining areas on cruise ships. It's the one and only thing I miss onboard. We have such poor weather here, it seems such a shame to be eating indoors on warm cruise evenings, especially in the Med when it can be light past 9pm. Obviously it would be weather dependent.

I'm trying P&O on Ventura in a few weeks and there is an outdoor dining area in exactly the same place as Sabatinis, as it's an identical ship to the Emerald. It is part of the White Room restaurant. Really hope we can get an outdoor table as the brochure shows it set for dinner.

Can you eat on that terrace in the evening at Sabatinis? I didn't see an open door or tables set when we ate there.

I would really enjoy more evening outdoor dining areas on cruise ships. It's the one and only thing I miss onboard. We have such poor weather here, it seems such a shame to be eating indoors on warm cruise evenings, especially in the Med when it can be light past 9pm. Obviously it would be weather dependent.

I'm trying P&O on Ventura in a few weeks and there is an outdoor dining area in exactly the same place as Sabatinis, as it's an identical ship to the Emerald. It is part of the White Room restaurant. Really hope we can get an outdoor table as the brochure shows it set for dinner.

No service from Sabatinis outside, people bring food up from the HC though.

No service from Sabatinis outside, people bring food up from the HC though.

Thanks. I think we sat up there with a drink from the bar below, watching for sun loungers to become available. (Never did) I'll have to check my pictures. :)

Is this terrace on my pic of Ventura the equivalent of Sabatinis terrace? The one with the tables set with cloths?

It was taken from the aft of the Emerald as Ventura reversed into port. Just like a mirror image.

Archived