Waitlisted?

htmlll

It will be myself, hubby and our 9 yr old son. We are very excited, this will be our third cruise. We also got an aft cabin 1692 which understand are suppose to be great cabins.

Have a good one!

To answer your question... I would think because it is so far away that you might be able to get the dinning you want. It all depends on the demand though and how many people are in front of you. If you don't get what you want you can always try when you get aboard the cruise. Your chances are good though.

WOW is right! Unbelievable! This will be great for the boys. I can't wait to tell my son. The cruises that we have been on before were always in September or October when most kids are in school. So I worry if there will be kids his age for him to meet and play with if he decides to go to Adventure Ocean.

Have you started booking your excursions? I am waiting for a reply from Native Way. We want to do the Stingray & Island Tour while we are in Grand Caymen.

OMG!!!! We have allready booked that same tour with Native ways!!!!! I have allso booked Shrk/Ray Caye Caulker for Belze with Coral Breezes and Costa Maya Beach Breach with Islasd Tours in Costa Maya not sure about Cozumel yet....I do have early seating dinner!

Oh by the way My so is 8 now he will be nine by the time we cruise! wHAT A SMALL WORLD...please JOIN OUR rOLE cALL!

We have been waitlisted for main seating on 2 separate times even though we booked at least 4-6 months in advance. After follow-ups prior to the cruise and talking to the maitre'd upon boarding we were not able to change our seating either time.

Once it was just my husband and I and it worked out fine -- we actually found that we prefer late seating when it's just the 2 of us. The other time, however, it was 4 of us (we had our 5 & 14 year old with us) and even after pleading that 8:30 was way too late for a 5 year old to eat they were unable to change our seating. Dinner is a huge part of the cruise experience and having late seating with our kids was miserable -- all the teen activities start around 8pm and the younger kids' programs start at 7pm. Neither of our kids wanted to miss anything (like the younger kids' Pirate parade, which actually comes thru the dining room during 2nd seating -- he would have been devastated watching it and not being a part of it -- it was his 2nd cruise, so he knows what he's missing!!). Many nights my husband and I ended up sitting alone at a table for 6 (not sure if we were supposed to have 2 other dinner companions and they got switched or if it was only the 4 of us assigned to the table...). Our son ate in Johnny Rockets thru the Adventure Ocean program 3 nights, ate with us in the dining room 2 nights, and the other 2 nights we got him pizza from the Promenade. Our daughter begrudgingly inhaled her dining room dinner and skipped dessert most nights, but I think she ate with the teens in the Windjammer twice. It's hard enough having main seating and convincing your kids to eat with you with all these other options available!!

Anyway, I guess my point is that you shouldn't count on having your seating changed...you may get lucky, but you should also set expectations for your kids and understand the pressures that will be placed on you if your child loves the kids programs and begs to be there every second that they're open...

- PAGA

My sons name is Austin, he will be 9 when we sail turning 10 in Jan. I just got an email from Native Way, we are booked with them in GC. I haven't had time yet to research the other stops yet but I am working on it as fast as I can.

I told my son about your son and the first questioned he asked me was, What is his name.

I will get onto the role call asap.

ask what number you are on the wait list and that will give you a better idea where you stand. While it is by no means unusual to be wait listed for early dining when you book four months in advance, (that's late booking by many people's standards, no offense meant) at this point in the calendar way before the drops occur, if you're not way down the list chances are you could be moved to early dining. If not be sure to make the request AS SOON as you board the ship. People change all the time on board as well. You never know when something might open up.

If not, remember there is always alternate dining, you could swap a few nights and choose that option instead.

We are on a waiting list for the late seating for the 4/2 NOS. I called and asked about getting the later seating and they told me to try to call again at a month out to see if anyone canceled. They said we were on the waiting list, but not sure what that does.

When people request a specific seating and all the dining tables for that time are already reserved by people who booked their cruise earlier than you did, you are given another dinner time assigment but 'waitlisted' for your requested time.

So you requested late dining but it's full, so you've been assigned to early dining.

Each waitlist is given a number, first come first serve. In the event that someone in late dining cancels their cruise or changes to early dining, the people 'waitlisted' for late dining get moved to the late seating in the order they applied, #1 first, 2, 3, etc.

Just like in a regular restaurant where you arrive and the restaurant is full so you add our name to the list and as patrons leave they call people on the waitlist.

I hope this makes sense.

If your are not removed to late dining before you leave for your cruise, be sure to check as soon as you embark. And you can also use alternate dining so that you don't have to eat at the early seating each night if you don't want to. Which can be VERY helpful on days in which you have excursions.

Archived