Roll Call: Explorer of the Seas January 16, 2011

BadSeaLegs

The SO and I will be venturing on yet another cruise. As the name implies, initially I didn't have the best sea faring legs and thereby discovered that humans can indeed turn some rather unique shades of green without trying! My legs on the sea have become much better though it is impossible to ever live down that maiden voyage fiasco from a million years ago.

We are a laid back couple (late 40's) who really enjoy taking in a lot of the historical sites of the ports we visit. We both have a killer sense of humor that at times is reality tv worthy just from the insanity of it.

We have been fortunate to have reached that age where we discovered that "round" is a shape so damn it, we ARE in shape. Just don't expect this body to go down any zip lines because as we remember from physics class, "the heavier the item down and incline the faster its velocity." I want to ENJOY this vacation, not find myself warp speeding through 5 time zones. The SO is determined to do so though, so I may have to find him 10 years from now after the fact, but that is still to be seen.

I'm vegetarian (stop snickering! I see you! I am bulimic....I just forget to purge....) and the SO is a meat and potatoes type. Thus far the SO has informed me that vegetarian meals can be had on this cruise. If not, there is going to be a bevy of chefs chasing me with pointy shiny knives from nibbling away at their decorative garnishes like a rabbit. It might not be pretty!

So if any hardy souls are out there booked aboard this vessel, I'd be curious to know!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just booked it! :)

Yay! We have family members! :D

MY SO and I were in the same quandary trying to figure out which one to take. This one has ports we haven't been to before so we are looking forward to it.

Don't forget to also enroll in the meet & greet!

Yay! We have family members! :D

MY SO and I were in the same quandary trying to figure out which one to take. This one has ports we haven't been to before so we are looking forward to it.

Don't forget to also enroll in the meet & greet!

@ Tomthecruiser- I am the "SO" to badsealegs, glad you will be joining this sailing! 66 days and counting!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sailors,

Been on 10 other cruises both with family and solo all over the world. Usually cruise with my sister, sometimes we take a Aunt/Uncle with us. Out to friends and family.

Born and raise in NYC, My name is Miguel Angel Morales (YES I am an ANGEL AND THERE ARE MORE OF US) but everyone calls me Michael. I'm 56 years old gay guy living in NYC.

Just retired and been away the last 2 months in California, Florida and Puerto Rico visiting family.

Yaaaaa.... REALLY WANT TO GO AWAY and the price is right!

Bilingual in English and Spanish, Speak, Read and Write both.

I also am very NYer and have a warp sense of humor that can be offensive to others but do not mean to be mean nor intentionally cruel! Hope no one will be offended with my comments.

Elena is my niece and lives in Virginia/DC. She has never been on a cruise, wants to go but can not go until her classes are over in late December.

She has a one year old son (another Angel, Gabriel) and her husband (another Angel, Rafael). He is in the Military and cannot go. She wants to go but she's not happy about going without him. Her husband is Ok with not going and for me to go with her (She and I have always gone away together, we done 4 trips just this year). He has no issues about us going but my niece would like to be together for the holidays. So that ended our going Dec 27 which was the sailing I wanted to go on with them.

THAT's why we want to go on this Cruise with you guys. My niece will be finish with school. It will be the 3 of us, Elena her son & I will go without her husband. I can stay with them for the Holidays, we'll all be together! LOL... Have fun, stay over & bond for the holidays and go later on the cruise, YESSS LOL!

One good thing about leaving from Baltimore, is that you can fill the ship and not have to worry about liquid, weight, and bring lots of Coffee, Rum, Vodka, Anesette, Creme de Cacao and other liquors that are made in PR, inexpensive and duty free and make great gifts if you do not have a plane to catch when you return! BUT if you do have to fly back you must pack all liquids in a suitcase that has to checked luggage on the plane or else you cannot take them as carry on's, they will be taken from you by Security.

Been to some of the ports (San Juan, St.Thomas, St. Maartin) and plan on just doing local beaches in most of the ports. Not a drinker nor a party guy, been there/done that and am going for a little R&R and quality time with the little Angel, Gabriel.

Hope I do this cruise, can not book until the first week in December! Will let you know when we've booked to go.

My email is GWHM@AOL.COM. Write and say hello and introduce yourself.

Promise not to bite too hard! Unless that's what you want, LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Crap! All the fun guys are sailing 1/16....and we booked Jan 28th and Feb 6th sailing. Can you bring me aboard one of your Gucci china town bags?;)

Stay on for the next cruise JAN 28th...please:rolleyes:

BadSeaLegs--you are too freaken funny!:D

Later Cruisers!

Roger

• 2 weeks later...

BadSeaLegs--you are too freaken funny!:D

Well, thank you kindly Roger.

However, there have been some dramatic changes since my initial posting that nearly lead to an axe murder. I have gone from vegetarian to vegan. The SO is constantly trying to keep up with my ever changing universe but seems frustrated more often than not. Having dropped a significant amount of weight it is humorously daunting to get dressed for work in the morning only to find the undies have taken on a life of their own and fallen down to the ankles with the sole intention of tripping me into a fracture during my least cognizant hour of the day. I "could" go commando but I do work with 3 aging nuns, so I don't think that would go over too well, no matter how modern and progressive they might actually be.

With a mere couple of weeks away, I was freaking out that I was going to be on board and REALLY nibbling at the garnishes and dodging pointy chef knives around every corner. (It could still happen!!) The good thing is the diet change has all but eliminated any need for all those toxic medications that doctor's are so prone to pushing down the gullet. Having this type of bodily reaction and response has me in the frame of mind that the last thing I want to do is put any animal product back in it again.

From what I gathered from the cruise line, I will be allowed to bring my own "feed bag" on board with me. They're telling a gay Italian to bring food on board, are they CRAZY?? Are they trying to give the cabin stewards a hernia?? Do they realize for one minute that if my feed bag breaks I will froth at the mouth like some rabid version of Cujo on steroids??

Some folks posted on the main board that the maitre d' and the staff will make all attempts at accommodating the diet needs and restrictions. They need to convey that to their switchboard people at "special needs" who promptly told me to bring the feed bag and that I was "s.o.l." because they don't cater to vegans. More so because I didn't let them know 90 days in advance.

Needless to say, I have scratched my head in abject bewilderment because all they need to do is NOT put something in the food. There is no special shopping or food ingredients required. Is it that complicated NOT to put cheese in the salad? Is it that cumbersome to take a little portion of a veggie soup aside and NOT put cream or butter in it? Something tells me that the chef and I will be on a first name basis before the second day. If I can't be found on the ship, I told my SO not to jump for joy as I haven't been kidnapped, I will probably be working in the kitchen!

Sand in place of snow will be great!!!

I used to like the cold but I think "age" is starting to take over!

I'm just dreading having to bring my own "feed bag" on board because they can't accommodate a vegan diet. With a trip of this length, good lord but that is going to be one heavy suitcase!

Let the Porter take care of your bags and if you eat everything in them you can shop and have plenty of room for Trinkets or Bling for your nice partner! Tom

Good lord no! No more trinkets and dust collectors. I think I lose LGBT points when I say I hate jewelry on men.

Good lord no! No more trinkets and dust collectors. I think I lose LGBT points when I say I hate jewelry on men.

But honey, you know I LOVE BLING!!!!!!!!!!

good prices in St. Thomas (hint, hint) LOL:D

Archived