Your best advice on touring Rome

dibbitz

What bus company did you use for the bus transportation to the port?

It was Limosine System. Here's their website:

http://www.limousinesystem.com/

We did a 50 person bus but you can't fill to capacity because luggage would never fit. I had to keep a close count for people and # of bags (sm, med, lg, xlg)

Thanks again to everyone for the wonderful advice. It had slowed down for a while, but is picking up again. Please keep it coming. We are getting such great advice. As for speaking Italian, it is one of the easier languages to pick up. I gave everyone in our group language tapes for Christmas. I think it really helps to know a few word in the local language, although I think one can usually get by....but who wants to just get by?

I have always heard to avoid restaurants that have menus in English, so yet another reason to learn a few words. And as someone else said, especially the words for the items you don't want.

Also, our son found a company, Airport Shuttle...they have a web site and have small buses or vans for small groups...prices seem resonable. Might be helpful to someone looking for transportation to or from the port.

Again, thanks. Will check back in a few days. Off to work....L

Archived