cruise food confession

tropical.dreams

Embarrassing confession:

The free and unlimited food is one of the biggest reasons I cruise as my vacation travel. Yes, I could take a land vacation to any of these places, but not only would I have to pay for food that I might not like (making the trip more expensive in the long run), but I'd also have to seek out the best food in each location. With a cruise, it's all there at my fingertips, and I can eat as much as I want, without having to leave and go very far from my base.

I'm a huge foodie, and food is the hilight of my day :-) (And no, I don't weigh 400 lbs, either!)

Well you are lucky you don't weigh 400 lbs. I used to eat any thing I wanted and never gain a pound, and then middle age hit. I love the food on Carnival, when something doesn't taste OK, they don't mind changing it out to get you something you like. Much better than any restaurant on land around here. You don't like it and you are out of luck.

Well you are lucky you don't weigh 400 lbs. I used to eat any thing I wanted and never gain a pound, and then middle age hit. I love the food on Carnival, when something doesn't taste OK, they don't mind changing it out to get you something you like. Much better than any restaurant on land around here. You don't like it and you are out of luck.

I couldnt even disagree:D I love food too, and from different countries, my motto is il taste it once, and if i like it....give me more lol....

I also cant have too much but i will on my cruise:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also like going on a cruise for the food and the variety. It's so nice for me to look at a menu and not make a decision about what to have based partly on price. Especially since DH is a bit frugal and always orders the cheapest thing on the menu. A cruise "forces" him to get what he wants.

Embarrassing confession:

The free and unlimited food is one of the biggest reasons I cruise as my vacation travel. ....I'm a huge foodie, and food is the hilight of my day :-) (And no, I don't weigh 400 lbs, either!)

I do like the fact that there is a variety, though as a vegetarian, the pickings are slim from what I've seen thus far. The irony is that we end up losing weight (NOT a bad thing I assure you!) because we really fill up on the fruit and veggies more than the items that are smothered in sauces, cheeses or grease.

We, too, love the food and that is a big part of why we cruise. I can enjoy almost anything that is presented in front of me, simply because I did not have to do the cooking. On our next cruise, I have vowed to not use any elevators . . . so, if you see a woman walking up and down the staircase with a cookie in her mouth and a sandwich in her hand, that will be me ;)!

We, too, love the food and that is a big part of why we cruise. I can enjoy almost anything that is presented in front of me, simply because I did not have to do the cooking. On our next cruise, I have vowed to not use any elevators . . . so, if you see a woman walking up and down the staircase with a cookie in her mouth and a sandwich in her hand, that will be me ;)!

LMAOLOTF(I think that's right) if not, REALLY FUNNY IMAGE!

Yeah that would be me, huffing and puffing going up, and sailing down with cake and coffee. We are many levels lower than what we have cruised before, I will have to plan my journeys carefully. :p

I never really thought about it, but it's true that when we go to a restaurant I search the prices because I don't want to be short money or have to pull out the credit card. So instead of a filet, I order the less expensive cut, but on the cruise, I have a lot of options, I can choose what I want, and not have to worry about paying more, just get what I want. Getting what I want, maybe thats why I love to cruise so much.:)

My favorite thing is that I can try things i wouldn't ordinarily try, and it's not costing me anything additional. So if I want to try lamb and I don't like it it's not a big deal and I can get something else!! It's the best of everything!!

My favorite thing is that I can try things i wouldn't ordinarily try, and it's not costing me anything additional. So if I want to try lamb and I don't like it it's not a big deal and I can get something else!! It's the best of everything!!

That's what I'm looking forward to the most! I love the idea that I am free to experiment without getting stuck with something that I don't like.

This is our first cruise ever, hubby and I are extreme foodies! Can I say we are more excited about the food options and have been reading (and highlighting) the MDR menus and planning our meals :o:o

I don't want to miss any of the foods that CC members have been raving about (roast beef sandwiches, cookies, brownies, cakes, savoury bites, lamb shanks, escargot, vidallia onion tart, coconut cake, key lime pie, flourless chocolate cake). I could go on and on!

Our current debate? What night to miss in the MDR so we can eat at Chops. We have a coupon but only for port days, so here we are, debating which port day to miss! Can we order room service to make up for what we miss?? :eek::D

• 2 weeks later...

We love cruising and have never had a bad cruise and have never had BAD food.

But when you grow up in south louisiana and are used to eating cajun food that has flavor ,Cruise food is bland.

This is not a fault as i know that they have to cook for the masses and they can not season the food to everyones taste.

We just bring our can of cajun seasoning and a small bottle of tobasco.

We allways bring extras as the stewards love the cajun seasoning.

Gave some to the piano player in the piano bar and got a mssg from him a few months later about how he used it alot.

This is our first cruise ever, hubby and I are extreme foodies! Can I say we are more excited about the food options and have been reading (and highlighting) the MDR menus and planning our meals :o:o

I don't want to miss any of the foods that CC members have been raving about (roast beef sandwiches, cookies, brownies, cakes, savoury bites, lamb shanks, escargot, vidallia onion tart, coconut cake, key lime pie, flourless chocolate cake). I could go on and on!

Our current debate? What night to miss in the MDR so we can eat at Chops. We have a coupon but only for port days, so here we are, debating which port day to miss! Can we order room service to make up for what we miss?? :eek::D

Lucky you! Cruising on the Oasis for your first cruise!! :D

Usually on RCCL, the formal nights for a 7-night cruise are on night 2 and night 6. We looooove Chops, so we will try and book this in the middle of the week. Looking at your itinerary, I would think Tuesday or Wednesday would be good days to book a specialty restaurant. Enjoy, and don't forget to have the mud pie for dessert. If you can't finish it, be sure to have them wrap one up for you so you can finish it later that evening ;).

• 3 weeks later...

Ya know, It's great hat we get to enjoy all these foods, But it just ticks me off to no end when I see someone PILE it on their plates then abandon it because they didnt like it. Only to get another plate :mad: On cruises I have seen the most dispicable display of waste. I guess that happens at all buffets. Makes me so angry!

Archived