Can someone help me please

Cruzinbabe06

I have the Rays, Reef and Rumpoint excursion booked for my upcoming cruise. I'm really hyped for it.

But, now I'm second guessing myself on this excursion, only because you don't get a lot of beach time. I think maybe 1 - 2 hrs. By time we eat our lunch, we won't have time to really enjoy the beach. My husband wants to jetski in the caymans. That's all he's talking about. He doesn't snorkel, but, I do.

Does anyone know of a tour that will take you just to stingray city so I can snorkel, then back to 7 mile beach and spend the rest of the day there?

I don't want another snorkel stop. That way I can get what I want and my husband can have the rest of the day to jetski and enjoy the beach.

I've been searching and can't find anything that matches my criteria. Everything has a snorkel stop after stingray city.

Thanks in advance:confused:

We did stingray city and 7 mile beach through RCI. It did include the lunch.

However, must warn you we spent a lot of time waiting.

Got off ship. . .wait for bus to stingray excursion.

Got off bus. . . wait for boat to stingray city.

Great tour, headed back to shore.

Got off boat. . .wait for bus. . . not enough to go to luncheon or boat, very disorganized.

Got on bus to 7 mile beach. . .great time, food was BBQ not to bad.

Swam very hot. Then the Monsoon came.

Wait for bus. . . back to ship.

Although the excursion was worth doing, did a lot of waiting.

Where they dropped us off at 7 mile beach was the rental place for the jet ski's. Do not know the price.

Safe travels.

When my wife and I went to Stingray City we booked with a local tour. The only delay we experienced was waiting for the other two (!) couples to be tendered ashore. We were quickly taken to the marina and boarded their 40 foot catamaran. After a short boat ride we arrived at the viewing/interaction area. How nice it was to be on such a large boat with only two other couples when the other boats arrived packed shoulder to shoulder with passengers!

You will want to pick up a disposable waterproof camera for this trip. We got some great shots underwater with the stingrays circling about. If you have never done this kind of excursion before be prepared to have the stingrays bump you, or in my case, have one swim right up my chest to get the bait fish they provide.

After the interaction with the stingrays they took us a bit farther out near the reef and we all snorkeled. The snorkeling equipment was provided by the tour operators and included in the price of the tour.

On the way back one of the people with us asked if the iguanas could swim. The guy running the boat said they do but he had never seen one in the water. Just at that moment three of them swam across our bow!

We returned to our starting point with plenty of time to explore the town so your husband should have plenty of time to ride a jet ski.

The rules of cruise Critic prohibit me from mentioning the name of the tour operators but they can be easily found online - that's where we found them. If you want to look up my email address I will be glad to tell you the name of the tour operators.

Enjoy your time on Grand Cayman Island, it's high on our list of places to revisit.

:D

I have the Rays, Reef and Rumpoint excursion booked for my upcoming cruise. I'm really hyped for it.

But, now I'm second guessing myself on this excursion, only because you don't get a lot of beach time. I think maybe 1 - 2 hrs. By time we eat our lunch, we won't have time to really enjoy the beach. My husband wants to jetski in the caymans. That's all he's talking about. He doesn't snorkel, but, I do.

Does anyone know of a tour that will take you just to stingray city so I can snorkel, then back to 7 mile beach and spend the rest of the day there?

I don't want another snorkel stop. That way I can get what I want and my husband can have the rest of the day to jetski and enjoy the beach.

I've been searching and can't find anything that matches my criteria. Everything has a snorkel stop after stingray city.

Thanks in advance:confused:

The snorkeling and stingrays are near each other, it's 5 minutes by boat between the two. Rum Point is no where near 7 mile beach but is a great spot. I don't recall if there are Jet Skis there or not. If you do a search for Rum Point you can find out easy enough. If you're having lunch at Rum Point you'll bu right on the beach and then you'll have the boat ride back to town, so you will have plenty off "sun" time, maybe too much if you're not careful. It sounds like a pretty good excusion.

If you're on the Nativeways excursion, I believe they pass around the lunch menu while you're on the boat, and lunch is waiting for you when you arrive. You should have more than enough time to enjoy the beach after you eat. And, yes, there are jetski rentals at Rum Point.

Thanks everyone. Reading all comments, I will keep the tour with Nativeway.

I figure we are only in these ports for a certain amount of hours and it's only so much you can do.

Haven't been to 7 Mile Beach yet. It looks beautiful. So maybe next time we'll get to go. I figure after our tour we'll have time to souvenir shop and by then it will be time to get back on board.

Thanks again everyone

You're allowed to mention the names of tour operators.

OK, I didn't want to step over a line there. We booked with Stingray sailing and had a wonderful tour. They can be found at http://stingraysailing.com

As I recall, they were more than willing to drop you off at 7 mile beach on the way back if you wanted to go there.

Bon Voyage!

:)

We are doing a 2 hour beach to beach tour through Island Marketing that I am really excited for! We are riding jetski's to stingray city then going to secluded beaches and rum point beach all on the jetski's and the tour is MUCH cheaper than just renting them for 1/2 hour to just do circles in a designated area :rolleyes:. Also after the tour we will have plenty of time to snorkel, shop or go to 7 mile if we choose since we are doing a 9am tour.

Something for you to consider maybe....

Talli

Archived