Transferring booking to T/A for OBC?

However, all reps received new information and a much better explanation today regarding the new transferring policy. It did go into effect on October 18 for any and all bookings no matter when they were made. There is no grandfathering in of bookings made prior to October 18.

A person is given 60 days from the creation of the booking no matter if it is a Specific Cruise or a Why Not Decide Later booking to transfer it to a TA.

Patti, after reading your post, I also checked as it effects me personally.

A new memo, issued around noon Cental Time stated the TA rules apply to all reservations, regardless of when they were made. Once again, RCCL has applied a rule retroactively (similar to the changes in the diamond program), effectively removing an option for people who booked months before.:eek: I hope those people will receive the information, but I rather doubt it.:(

I just transferred a booking made in 2008, so perhaps as bob278 said they are at least giving the older reservations 60 days from October 18 to transfer.

They did give SOME notice (granted you needed to be active on Cruise Critic or have a really good TA that keeps you informed, but everyone here meets that so folks should calm down a little on that topic). Even if it is not grandfathered, we have 60 days from the change to transfer them (I just transferred 3 and two of them were from 2008).

RCI didn't notify the TA community of the change, at least not that I'm aware. They just slipped in a rule change without notice. For all they title their emails "our valued travel partners," I guess they've changed the valuation a bit.

My TA invoice shows 3 parts. Actually there are 4 parts (base fee, port fees, taxes, gratuities). So I'm aware of what the commission-able fare is.

Well that still does not mean you are seeing the base WITHOUT the NCF's included. If yours does show that then that is unusual. Does it look like this?

Cruise Fare 4098.00

Vacation Protection Plan(Declined) 0.00

Taxes and Fees 203.86

Total Charge 4301.86

if yes then you are NOT seeing the NCF's. On an agent copy there would be an additional line, showing the NCF, something like this

Cruise Fare 3749.00

Non Comm Cruise Fare 349.00

Taxes and Fees 203.86

total 4301.86

the second one shows the fare that the commission is based on not the top one. If yours show that info that is very unusual.

Well that still does not mean you are seeing the base WITHOUT the NCF's included. If yours does show that then that is unusual. Does it look like this?

Cruise Fare 4098.00

Taxes and Fees 203.86

Total Charge 4301.86

if yes then you are NOT seeing the NCF's. On an agent copy there would be an additional line, showing the NCF, something like this

Cruise Fare 3749.00

Taxes and Fees 203.86

total 4301.86

the second one shows the fare that the commission is based on not the top one. If yours show that info that is very unusual.

I'm not sure how much clearer I can be.

1. Cruise Rate $519.00

2. Port Charges $219.00 (Non Comm Cruise Fare)

3. Government Fees $106.40

4. Gratuities $107.25

A friendly reminder: Posts mentioning specific travel agents or posts requesting a travel agents name will be deleted as this is a violation of the Community Guidelines. That includes ANY travel agent. We appreciate your cooperation.

Well my travel agent tried to have my reservation transferred to her and couldn't do it.

She was told by RCCL that they can not take over reservation unless it was booked with the travel agent's name onboard and that you are given 30 days after the booking was made to transfer to travel agent. I booked the reservaton back in Jan., and was hoping that I would be grandfathered in since I made the ressie way before this new rule went into effect. I wonder if I called I would have any better results, or does the travel agent have to be the one to request the transfer?

Cruise Fare 4098.00

Taxes and Fees 203.86

Total Charge 4301.86

Cruise Fare 3749.00

Taxes and Fees 203.86

total 4301.86

Reminder of the post you responded to:

My TA invoice shows 3 parts. Actually there are 4 parts (base fee, port fees, taxes, gratuities). So I'm aware of what the commission-able fare is.

Is that so hard to understand? The poster clearly said that his TA invoice is broken down. That is pretty much standard practice.

Well my travel agent tried to have my reservation transferred to her and couldn't do it.

She was told by RCCL that they can not take over reservation unless it was booked with the travel agent's name onboard and that you are given 30 days after the booking was made to transfer to travel agent. I booked the reservaton back in Jan., and was hoping that I would be grandfathered in since I made the ressie way before this new rule went into effect. I wonder if I called I would have any better results, or does the travel agent have to be the one to request the transfer?

No, you would have to call RCI since they still has your reservation. Try again and see what happens..........ask to speak to a supervisor...........however, I think the outcome will be the same and you will not be able to transfer.

Please let us know what happens as there are others on this thread that would be interested.

I talked to one ta and they said they would give me a "gift" if I transfer it to them but didn't say what. I'm giving them com. on a 5 thousand dollar cruise, I don't think its asking to much to get a few drinks paid for onboard. I hope I'm not sounding cheap.
I'm with you. I'd want to know SPECIFICALLY what I could expect.

When you transfer to a TA, you are giving up some control over your vacation -- not something I like to do particularly -- and, yes, while $25 is $25 (or whatever number or gift), I wouldn't give up control unless it was for a worthwhile amount.

No, you would have to call RCI since they still has your reservation. Try again and see what happens..........ask to speak to a supervisor...........however, I think the outcome will be the same and you will not be able to transfer.

Please let us know what happens as there are others on this thread that would be interested.

I have better news, after calling RCCL. I spoke to an agent (not a supervisor) and she told me that there would be no problem in transferring the reservation since it was made back in January and the policy had just recently changed. She told me that she would make a note of the travel agency and the agent on my file and that I should have travel agent fax in my transfer form. So hopefully the transfer will go though. I'll report back here the results. Maybe there was a problem because the travel agent had made the request instead of me.

I was able to have the reservation transferred over to the travel agent. I faxed the request on Sunday, and when I logged into my account this morning it showed up on my reservation. So, this is great news for those worried that they wouldn't be grandfathered in.

I was able to have the reservation transferred over to the travel agent. I faxed the request on Sunday, and when I logged into my account this morning it showed up on my reservation. So, this is great news for those worried that they wouldn't be grandfathered in.

That's great news.

Thanks to all on CC who were all over this. Good job! :)

Archived