On Board Pregnancy Announcement!

PurpleLaurie55

Better yet, get trip insurance for a pre-existing condition and enjoy your cruise!

That made me laugh, because folks really do lose sight of the big picture. If I've done the math right, and she was 12 weeks in August, the woman will be close to 24 weeks when she cruises. Isn't that the cutoff date when cruiseline prohibit pregnant passengers? Sounds pretty risky: a risk to her health and pregnancy if she goes anyway, or a very expensive risk if the cruiseline won't let her.

As to the question itself...I don't know why the announcement has to be cutesy. A simple and discreet, "hey Mom, I'm pregnant" would work fine. Seems selfish to draw attention to oneself in a crowd like that.

The OP said they had just found out Oct. 5th, and his wife would be 12 weeks along in November when they cruise. The perfect time to announce to family and friends. Congratulations! I hope however you decide you have smooth seas and a fabulous cruise!

That made me laugh, because folks really do lose sight of the big picture. If I've done the math right, and she was 12 weeks in August, the woman will be close to 24 weeks when she cruises. Isn't that the cutoff date when cruiseline prohibit pregnant passengers? Sounds pretty risky: a risk to her health and pregnancy if she goes anyway, or a very expensive risk if the cruiseline won't let her.

As to the question itself...I don't know why the announcement has to be cutesy. A simple and discreet, "hey Mom, I'm pregnant" would work fine. Seems selfish to draw attention to oneself in a crowd like that.

Yes. If a pregnant woman is in her 24th week, or will hit her 24th week before the cruise ends, she will not be allowed to board. However, she clearly said her wife would be in her 12th week on the cruise, so I'm not sure where you got August from.

Also, she never said anything about "drawing attention," she just wanted a nice way to surprise her mom. Lighten up.

Mom always said if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all:rolleyes:

People on this board have to lighten up for cryin' out loud.

We just had someone decorate our cabin (through NCL Bon Voyage Dept) with bon voyage goodies.

Maybe you can call them and have mom's cabin decorated with "congratulations" stuff????

We walked into our cabin thinking we were given the wrong cabin:eek::eek:

See all this bon voyage stuff. Go next door to mom's and see nothing. We're like "what the heck is going on"? On the table was a card that said bon voyage gift from so and so. There was also a cake waiting for us. Neat surprise.

Kathy

Thanks for sticking up for me, guys! You are all correct - my wife will be 12 weeks when we cruise. It is a perfectly safe time to travel and we will be traveling with the appropriate medical documents (just in case).

You are also correct that I'm not trying to draw attention to myself (or my wife for that matter). We simply want to tell my Mom and sister in a special way. "Hey Mom, I'm pregnant" seems so... dry.

I promise to keep you all in the loop! You've given us some great ideas that we will most likely mix all together for one, fantastic surprise. :)

"Hey Mom, I'm pregnant" seems so... dry.

I think it's great to be creative for this type of announcement,

Here's an idea: Go to the FoD meet & greet on the 1st day and befriend one of the guys. Start hanging out with him to the point where mom asks what's the deal? Tell her you thought you needed one of these (men) in order to have a child... :D

OH, and as regards the quote....if only we were in person, I'd make some type of 'basting' joke. :p:eek::o

I think it's great to be creative for this type of announcement,

Here's an idea: Go to the FoD meet & greet on the 1st day and befriend one of the guys. Start hanging out with him to the point where mom asks what's the deal? Tell her you thought you needed one of these (men) in order to have a child... :D

OH, and as regards the quote....if only we were in person, I'd make some type of 'basting' joke. :p:eek::o

What is the "FoD" meet and greet??

LOL about the basting joke! :p

How about one of you get to the dining room first (enlist the help of dining room staff/matre de) and have baby theme favors on the table? Pacifiers, baby bottles, etc.....the stuff that you get from your local craft store? Same as would be used for a baby shower.....

OR! It would be REALLY cool if you could get the Captain to announce it over the speaker system when doing the daily "updates " from the bridge! Not sure THAT would happen though....But the Cruise Director may be willing to do it at one of the get togethers.....Trivia Game, Bingo, etc....

Hello!

I wanted to run something by you all and see if you have any ideas....

I will be cruising in November to Florida and the Bahamas. I will be in a balcony cabin with my wife and 11 month old son. My Mom and 11 year old sister will be in an inside cabin. We just found out that my wife is pregnant with our second child and we want to tell my Mom and sister on the cruise (she will be 12 weeks).

Do you have any creative ideas of how we can share the big news?? When I was pregnant with our son, we wrapped up a baby outfit and gave it to her, so we don't want to do the same thing again. All ideas are appreciated!!

:) Laurie

Laurie,

I just happened to be in a party store the other day and they had table favors with sayings like "it's a boy" and such. Put something like that around her cabin if you can get in there while she's by the pool, etc.

Thank you, again for all your ideas... unfortunately we lost the baby on Thursday. :(

Laurie Ann -- I haven't been actively a part of this thread but I've been enjoying reading all the ideas, and I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss.

Thank you, again for all your ideas... unfortunately we lost the baby on Thursday. :(

:( so sorry to hear that.

Your excitement was palpable, hopefully you'll have another chance.

Stephen

Archived