6 Ships in Port

ucmom3

We will be in port with 5 other ships...eek! Looking for a nice beach day, sandy beach w/no rocks. Thinking about booking Nachi, as we were there in Feb. and loved it, but there will be 8 of us and I'm not sure we want to spend that much. 4 out of the 8 of us are 20 and under, and will not be drinking, so I feel the price isn't justifiable. Read that Paradise gets very crowded and is rocky. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated......

Head down to Playa Palancar...it's further south than most of the popular beaches and generally less crowded. Not a lot of toys, but options to take boat out to reef for snorkeling and the food is pretty good. Chankanaab national park is good option too with decent shore snorkeling.

How do you know how many ships with be in port? Is there a way to tell?

We will be in port with 5 other ships...eek! Looking for a nice beach day, sandy beach w/no rocks. Thinking about booking Nachi, as we were there in Feb. and loved it, but there will be 8 of us and I'm not sure we want to spend that much. 4 out of the 8 of us are 20 and under, and will not be drinking, so I feel the price isn't justifiable. Read that Paradise gets very crowded and is rocky. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated......

• 2 weeks later...

We were at paradise this week. I didn't think it was too rocky. There was some seaweed in one part of the area, but easy to swim around. They are building a pool so lots of construction going on but you don't even notice it on the beach. If you want toys, this was great! It cost us $10 per person round trip in a shuttle van and then $14 per person to get in which gave us use of the chairs, umbrellas, and all beach toys including snorkeling and kayaking.

Archived