LAX to San Pedro terminal

DieHard

I know Super Shuttle charges $17.00 per person each way. Has anyone taken a taxi lately and what did you pay? I am trying to decide whether to make reservation with Super or take a taxi. I am talking about 2 people.

I know Super Shuttle charges $17.00 per person each way. Has anyone taken a taxi lately and what did you pay? I am trying to decide whether to make reservation with Super or take a taxi. I am talking about 2 people.
Use discount code UYR59 and save $3 ea. way.

I have just returned from a cruise in Sep. At the LA Dock, there were an abundance of shuttle that you can take without waiting for reservation, whereas the taxi line is very long and I saw people that got off about 30 minutes before us still waiting in the line for taxis when we took off in our private car service.

If there is only 2 of you and you are not in a hurry, take the shuttle, even at $17 its a bargain. If you book airport transfer from your cruise, it is very expensive. When you come out of the customs area, there is a Bus service that you can take to the airport and its $25 per person, but you have to wait for them to fill up the bus before they take off.

We pre-booked a car service from Craigslimo and its $72; we found another couple during dinner that was also on the same flight and they were happy to come with us. ($18/per person) We had a morning flight and the car service was there at 9am and we were at the airport for 9:40am and our flight was for 12:00pm. Lots of time to check in, go through security and have breakfast.

I have tried different ways to get to the airport after cruise, so far, taking a car service is the cheapest way as the earlier flight home is $200 cheaper.

We can get down to Long Beach from LAX on the Lite Train (electric) for $5 for the two of us...

LAX free shuttle to Park Lot C, grab a bus that takes you to the Lite Train stop...

(We get to the Splendor in Long Beach this way..)

Is there a bus that goes from Long Beach to San Pedro???____________

Thanks

A taxi is going to run you $50-$60. If use use the code noted above then make separate booking of each of you and that was you will save $3 each otherwise you will only save $3 on the one booking.

Yup, I just got off of the phone with a friend who took a cab today (Sunday) from LAX to San Pedro for the Mariner. The fare on the meter was $50 with no traffic.

If use use the code noted above then make separate booking of each of you and that was you will save $3 each otherwise you will only save $3 on the one booking.

Thank you for the hint! I just made two seperate bookings for Saturday.

We can get down to Long Beach from LAX on the Lite Train (electric) for $5 for the two of us...

LAX free shuttle to Park Lot C, grab a bus that takes you to the Lite Train stop...

Thanks

do you need to get to San Pedro directly from LAX or are you going LAX/Long Beach/San Pedro?

Here's the trip planner link from LA Metro

http://socaltransport.org/tm_pub_start.php

hello All. I just checked the super shuttle website and now I have a question. What address should I use to book Super Shuttle from the Pier to LAX for a Royal Caribbean cruise?

In SuperShuttle's search function, the pier is listed under Hotels/Landmarks as "LA Harbor - World Cruise Cntr".

Thanks

If you're thinking about using the bus while transporting luggage, you may want to rethink that idea. Most passengers on the city buses are those without wheels who are usually trying to get to or from work. They probably wouldn't appreciate someone lugging on luggage (and if the bus is crowded, there wouldn't be anywhere to put the bags). That's why most people going to the airport, a hotel, to the port, will generally be traveling via shuttle, taxi or private vehicle.

In SuperShuttle's search function, the pier is listed under Hotels/Landmarks as "LA Harbor - World Cruise Cntr".

I panicked when I started sorting through the list. I've never sailed out of this port before. Thanks again!

Thanks

I'm amazed that someone from out of town knows how to use LA public transportation. I've done it a few times, but figured that nobody else ever uses it.

You could take a bus (Metro) from the end of the Blue Line to San Pedro, but an easier way to get from LAX to San Pedro is to just catch the same Line 232 Metro bus at Lot C, but get off (after buying the "transfer") at the 110 freeway (I think the bus turns off Pacific Coast Highway here onto Figueroa, then onto Anaheim Avenue). You need to go up to the freeway level at the transit station, where you catch another bus that goes into San Pedro.........I don't recall the line at this moment, but it stops at Harbor Blvd, at the entrance to the San Pedro Cruise Terminal.

There's really no problem taking luggage onto the bus as long as you don't over-pack or use those huge suitcases that lots of folks insist on using. We recently went on a European river cruise for 16 days with only one medium-sized case each, plus a carry-on day pack or bag each.

Archived