How many pre-reserve a rental car?

kiraryker

Just wondering if it makes a difference to reserve a rental car ahead or wait until you get to the airport?

I think in most cases you would get a much better rate pre-booking, especially if you work the discount codes. Also, you ensure that there will be a car available for you.

If you book with Hertz using your AAA discount, you can add an additional driver for free. This is a nice perk and saves money. The AAA CDP code# is 23, and you just have to show your card at the rental counter.

In addition, some AmX cards have the car ins coverage automatically added free of charge when you pay with your card. Just call their 1-800# to double check. This saves me mucho-bucks each time I rent. A lot of car rental companies also offer a 10% discount for AmX card holders. :)

Payless car rental is also offering a $30 per day price for all mid-size cars. This special runs into 2011. )Just check their reviews for the location that you want. Tampa airport did not get very high ratings.)

When searching for rental car rates we always check the AARP Travel site. Some of the best rates we`ve found has been on that site. For our Nov.09 cruise out of TPA I reserved a compact car for the day before the cruise (Thrifty) paying $11.00 + tax. I reserved it approximately 3 months before the cruise. Reserve early and recheck your rate.

Archived